Discuss Best ever 'advice' from a shop. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A friend of mine recently went to a large well known DIY shed for various bits and bobs after moving into her new flat, anyway, one of the questions she had was if they stocked a replacement barrel for a Yale lock (one of the higher grade security ones) anyway, they said they weren't sure but if she bought the unit in then they could advise properly.....

Her reply was 'It's the only lock on the door, so if I did that, then the flat would be unlocked and empty'

Their reply 'Take the lock off, put a big box behind the front door and leave via the back door - people do it all the time, you'll be fine!'

She politely declined, but it made me wonder what other gems of wisdom you guys might of heard over the years?

when will people learn to stay out of these places

I rarely set foot in them, I did go to one once over a bank holiday weekend. They had some fool in the car park helping people to park, he started backing me in to a space until I asked him if he wouldn't mind accompanying me out on the road all week, as I always struggled to park! It took him a while to realise I was being sarcastic.....

Reply to Best ever 'advice' from a shop. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi ! iam after some advice on this one thanks. Ive got a Porcelain floor to tile in 2 weeks...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
C
I am in no doubt that our friend Wivers is now flying high! Before a company goes public...
Replies
Views
wivers
W
Hi All I did a job a few months ago for a building contractor. It involved a 3 bed bungalow...
Replies
Views
N
Hi all, i need to quote on a job in a flat tomorrow, which is to tile one bathroom floor which...
Replies
Views
mikethetile
M
B
So this past weekend I was working on a private job I got through a friend for a nice lady round...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
cornish_crofter
C

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Brighton

Thread Information

Title
Best ever 'advice' from a shop.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.