Discuss Best job for whatever reason ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

K

Kevbos

What was the best job and why you ever tiled.

Mine was a job at London Bridge .we tiled hundreds of kitchen floors .and then we're told they needed 3 x .6 m2 added areas for dish washers etc .we were given 30 pound per .6m2 .90 pound per flat .then at lunch a tiler from Nigeria turned up asking for work .we let him do it .he was seriously fast and hard worker .he was 65 and worked like a trojan .he and we earn absolute fortune

Last edited by a moderator:

smokie899

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Yup just happened to be a girl living on her own and I happen to look like the guy from the coke adverts...
In my dreams lol.
Nah went out to do a shower cubicle for a girl. Got into the house and ther were builders in, sorry f'ing Cowboys in. Couldn't believe the standard of work.
Big gaps around new pvc Windows filled with news paper, horrendous plastering, crap kitchen splash back and joinery work.
This was all on a new single story extension they where doing, and still had a bit to do. Sorry but I couldn't do it and had to say something to the girl, so got her in a room on her own and said 'listen no easy way of putting this but have you not noticed the standard of the work they have done'. 'Yes but didn't know what to do'
So we came up with a plan that I was her brother in law and that I would tell them to rectify it or sling it.
Went out to builders and told them, lots of slabbering but they knew I knew what I was talking about so after the yakking they demanded payment for work carried out which she agreed to pay (that was not my fight). They packed up and left.
So done her shower cubicle, fixed a few bad cuts on the splash back, extra few hours work which I didn't charge for.
Give her a bit of advice on how to fix most stuff and give her the number of a reliable builder. She hands me an envolpe, thanking me lots, and says that's all I have on me, but I owe you more. £80 plus £380 tip.
Oh and just for the record, she is a solicter, thank **** I'm a law abiding citizen as I would be chinned if she had to defend me in court hehehe.

A

AndY mac

image.jpg
Today's job was my best job. But that will change tomorrow. :)

J

Just Rizzle

the best job ive done is the one ive just finished today and got paid for gave the guy the bill the money was in my bank when i got home love this job.
but most remember able job was my first when i moved to london, was for 18 mths at feltham , building a prison did hundreds of meters all in sand and cement taught me all i know the home office qs were hard we had a tolerance of 3mm over 3 meters
also the job my avatoir is showing a 5x7 meter ellipse floor were there wasnt a single streight tile the floor was a spiral all curves:)

J

Joseph Kover

This central shower and bench is one of my fave jobs, Id done nothing like it before and i was like a pig in poop. its in a public spa in a leisure centre in St.Ives Cambridgeshire. I particularly enjoyed doing the seat detail. The devil's in the detail and the fun. :)
you have some nice works ma`am,well done. did a nightclub interior with swimming pool and jakuzzis,custom steps on 300 msq area back in time,a north star pattern (glass mosaic) to fit one by one /no sheet. 2500 pcs from a phone display was real fun. glad to see a woman takes on tiling,my girlfriend works with me sometimes,customers always love to see her on site. :)

Reply to Best job for whatever reason ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I had an en-suite tiled in July 2017, we noticed a leak in the hallway in December...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB