Discuss Best way to approach the pouring of an SLC in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

U

ubdai

I am about to put some SLC down over a kitchen floor approx 16sqm.

Just need some advice on the best way to approach this. ie section off the floor into a grid (2x2m) and pour until required depth reached and then move onto the next or is there another better way.Maybe put down some battens /guides on the floor, pour SLC into the enclosed area, remove battens and then pour SLC into the strip that is left between the two previously poured areas.

Cheers
ubdai

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Use a spiked roller as well as you are working to remove air bubbles

spiked-50-220.jpg

U

ubdai

Cheers for all replies.

80% of the room went okay. Just one part that I am not happy with.
Would i be okay in trying to cover the slight dips that I missed, with the adhesive that I have to use to stick the UFH insulation boards. Then getting them level as possible using a spirit level.
I then plan to lay UFH mat with another coat of SLC on top, before doing the actual tiling.

Don't really want to rip up that area of SLC and re do it if I can help it.

ubdai

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Best way to approach the pouring of an SLC in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
First of all, I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times so apologies in advance! A...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
Deleted member 57709
D

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB