Discuss Betamat? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

If Ditra fails , then more than likely deflection.
ditra is only as good as the man fixing it no more no less in the wright hands belts and brayses in the wrong hands just no more than a lash up covering the lash up before hoping they got it right but with no now how .keeps us in work every day .but when you sell your product to any body that will pay you a pound thats always going to go wrong some were. trade prouducts should be for trade only .then may be some day soon .other will learn we are a real trade not diy . but as long as our surpliers see the diy ers mean more to them than us .they will tread on us every day .who looks after tilers nobody .

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Oh yeah quite possibly, I was just looking for a link between them all.
It's a large property and the bathrooms are far apart.
The one I'm looking at is the only stone floor, and it's just starting go with cracked grout around one tile.
The others are already shot!
Could it be adhesive choice? Or lack of!
the answer is in the first post 18 mm ply on joist bet they did not nogging between the joist and the joints of ply .18mm ply on floor boards but not on joist. on joist put in noggings were ply meets then screw down 12.5mm 5 ply then soak floor in wood glue then over lay with 12,5 mm ply crossing the joints below so there are no runing joints screw down now over lay with ditra you could now have an earth quake and the only surviver is your floor .but why would any body in our trade selling us products that we dont need. tell us that were did it go so wrong when clients stop liserning to us .tta i rest my case

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Betamat? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB