Discuss Bit of a Dilemma today. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

Finishing a job today and the customer told me no one will be at home. Then at around 12.30pm her 16yo daughter comes home from school feeling ill. So that means just me and her in the house. I did not feel happy about this, and phoned the guy i was working for and explained the situation. He sent a chippy out to fit some doors so i was not on my own. What would you do? Or am i over reacting.

S

Stewart

To be honest, I'm a bit saddened by the replies to this thread. Am I just being complacent In my everyday life or should I maybe start to worry a bit more and not trust the people around me. Would all you guys do the same thing if it were a sixteen year old guy in the house, or what about an older woman that's maybe having a glass of vino on a sunny afternoon. What is the cut off age for where you start to feel comfortable enough to work in someone's home with a male or female resident present, bearing in mind, it's legal for a sixteen year old to be in the house alone. I'm not having a go at any of your decisions, but what exactly are your concerns.....?? I guess some of you wouldn't let your own daughter in the house with a workman there, but the daughter had already contacted their parents with regards to going home and she also knew that Enduro was there...

P

Pebbs

Stewarts got a point, but Enduro did the right thing, hes not a family friend or relative, and these days you have to be careful. Three years ago I was alone in the office when an irate tiler came calling claiming he had been underpaid, the upshot was he went to punch me in the face and would have done so if the yardsman hadnt just walked in, to make a cup of tea. Since then the doors have to be locked, sign of the times I guess.

Pebbs

Reply to Bit of a Dilemma today. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
J
    • Winner
moved to the london area in 1984 when my wife got a transfer to Guildford with her works. needed...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, Phil wanted me to put up a post today, just to let everybody know he's hanging in there ;0)...
Replies
Views
MTiler
M
F
Had one today, Went to look at the job prior to starting. It's a plumber who I know's daughter...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Bit of a Dilemma today.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.