Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Brickbond in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

As a rule we go by this when selling, something we got sent a good few years ago.

Planometric Tolerences

With the increasing popularity of large format wall and floor tile we wish to remind you that the tolerances allow for a 0.5% warpage in tile planarity. therefore the european norms allow on a 60x60 tile 3.5mm tolerance between the centre of the tile and its corners.
This causes no problem whatsoever when the tiles are fixed in the normal draughtboard patern, however, it can create problems if the tile is fixed brick bond or half bond particularly in the case of rectified tiles when the joint width is reduced to 1.5mm. It is advisable in this instance to ask your client to check for acceptability BEFORE fixing or alternatively to consider bonding 1/3 - 2/3 which will have the effect of halving discrepancies in planarity.

Reply to Brickbond in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning I’m tiling a bathroom in 600x400 porcelains both floor and wall, ideally it want to...
Replies
Views
Good morning I’m tiling a bathroom in 600x400 porcelains both floor and wall, ideally it wants...
Replies
Views
Hi Tilers, this is my first question on this forum and I've got a few different areas to cover...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Im a DIY tiler and am about to half height tile my downstairs toilet with 600x300...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Brickbond
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • BAL

Votes: 25 29.4%