Discuss British Telecom (BT Customer Street) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Re: British Telecom

Customer Street have been at it for years. It's ufindus originally, who then changed their name due to their reputation to customer street. We once ranked 2nd for ufindus feedback and since they changed their name to customer street it's much much harder to rank for so I'm guessing they knew what they were doing and it stopped so much bad feedback sitting right next to their natural listings in search engines.

They then sold the brand to BT and are now called BT Customer Street but still use various names when they're selling to you as it's just a bunch of dodgy salespeople in a call centre doing their own thing for commission. It's still the same staff, still at the same location, and is funded by BT now.

Done loads of research on these and always found out that everybody else who has has had really bad experiences with them.

Note that if you have been miss-sold anything, business or privately, you can cancel any contract. They will come after you for money but it wouldn't stand a hour in court where real people are dealing with the issue and not just debt collectors.

Best thing to do is use TPS. They will and do send fines. If they're still calling you they've probably just paid the fine. Keep reporting them and they'll eventually get the message. It's £5,000 for every second complaint about any company. So the first complaint they get a letter telling them to stop calling you, and the second time they get a fine, if they keep offending the fines may get bigger and may lead to court action stopping them from calling people - and that's the last thing they need.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I just tell them to go away.........With a bit Of French thrown in for good measure.

Found this site a good read :thumbsup:

Blagger.com - The place to leave feedback and comments about companies you have used
And the customer street bit: Customer Street - Blagger.com - The place to leave feedback and comments about companies you have used

Note that Graham is the only one leaving thumbs up and he's a staff member trying to get rid of the negative comments regarding them by attempting to fix the customers issues.

Last edited:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
yes I have used Blagger to report a shocking company that ran off with our
promo girls money

[DLMURL="http://www.blagger.com/db4/company_id/9786/companyname/Emporium-Models.html"]See post if you want [/DLMURL]

With the internet theres no place to hide if you have bad company rules

Interesting read. There are LOADS of dodgy modelling firms. Got a few mates who are models and they're always getting ripped off with 'fake' photoshoots that are just setup to gain the admin fee's from the girls and then they hear nothing of work. I nearly setup a website of trusted modelling agencies but the mrs didn't like the sound of me getting involved with lots of models so I never bothered.

Last edited:
D

diamondtiling

Interesting read. There are LOADS of dodgy modelling firms. Got a few mates who are models and they're always getting ripped off with 'fake' photoshoots that are just setup to gain the admin fee's from the girls and then they hear nothing of work. I nearly setup a website of trusted modelling agencies but the mrs didn't like the sound of me getting involved with lots of models so I never bothered.

I think you should set it up Dan, Liz and Giesla will offer their services for free.

:smilewinkgrin:

Reply to British Telecom (BT Customer Street) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I purchased some tiles on the 13th August from Topps Tiles in London, I wont say which one. But...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
British Telecom (BT Customer Street)
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.