Discuss bummer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
not had one of these jobs for while,,had to come home as the walls were a disgrace......bathroom company as well which is a joke they know what i expect

6mm ply bouncing around like a prostitues bedspring on one wall covered in paint and aold adhesive...tut tut

one wall half skim missing to expose old dry plaster all crumbly with adhesive trowel lines everywhere,,this one was to be mosaiced

window wall a shambles covered in lining paper

when will these people learn:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

job now postponed a full week for the sake of 1 days prep,,,pure greed imo

thanks for listening lol

D

david campbell

not had one of these jobs for while,,had to come home as the walls were a disgrace......bathroom company as well which is a joke they know what i expect

6mm ply bouncing around like a prostitues bedspring on one wall covered in paint and aold adhesive...tut tut

one wall half skim missing to expose old dry plaster all crumbly with adhesive trowel lines everywhere,,this one was to be mosaiced

window wall a shambles covered in lining paper

when will these people learn:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

job now postponed a full week for the sake of 1 days prep,,,pure greed imo

thanks for listening lol
can you back up that statement..................lol:smilewinkgrin:

as i keep telling you mate,stop whinging and get on with it:lol::lol::lol:

B

Bolter

I too do work for a firm that get a lot of council work. What I mean is they convert bathrooms into wetrooms for disabled folk or indeed old folk. Last room I did for them, I spent half a day prepping two of the walls myself that were so far out I could get my hand behind the level if I put it on the wall, but the window wall needed a heck of a lot more work, and I wanted payingfor the prep, so I called them.

I said "this wall is impossible to tile"
"what? A good tiler can get over anything"
me "listen, I cant even draw a datum line, the level will not sit properly on any part of the wall, let alone the wall dropping away 15mm past the window"

he then said nonchalantly "fine, there is no money in these jobs from the council to prep the walls like you want them prepping, so I will get the plumber to do it as he can tile anything"

me "fine, you get the plumber in, I'll expect a phone call in a weeks time"

and sure enough, we got the phone call yesterday

A

aph257

I too do work for a firm that get a lot of council work. What I mean is they convert bathrooms into wetrooms for disabled folk or indeed old folk. Last room I did for them, I spent half a day prepping two of the walls myself that were so far out I could get my hand behind the level if I put it on the wall, but the window wall needed a heck of a lot more work, and I wanted payingfor the prep, so I called them.

I said "this wall is impossible to tile"
"what? A good tiler can get over anything"
me "listen, I cant even draw a datum line, the level will not sit properly on any part of the wall, let alone the wall dropping away 15mm past the window"

he then said nonchalantly "fine, there is no money in these jobs from the council to prep the walls like you want them prepping, so I will get the plumber to do it as he can tile anything"

me "fine, you get the plumber in, I'll expect a phone call in a weeks time"

and sure enough, we got the phone call yesterday

nice one. get more money?

B

Bolter

nice one. get more money?

Nope, told them didnt want it. Not that Im that flush that I can pick and choose jobs, I just want to make a point with this one. Although I think at time of phone call, they finally were getting to understand a little more of what we need.

The problem is, most builders think that a "Pro tiler" is someone who is faster than their plumbing mate. Generally I meet people who tell me how to do my job, and how easy my job is. Im sure a lot of you can relate.

Reply to bummer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
K
Morning All. Thought I'd post some pictures of a job some friends of mine asked me to look at...
Replies
Views
swanman
S
Y
Hi All, I have for the past 24 hours getting to grips with a lot of issues with regard to...
Replies
Views
YNWA2012
Y
B
hi guys - Ive joined this tilers forum hoping that you guys can save me wasting lots of money by...
Replies
Views
billy whizz
B

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

kilty55

Arms
TF
edinburgh

Thread Information

Title
bummer
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.