Discuss calcium sulphate screeds take forever to dry in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

I have a job local to me where the customer was sold a calcium sulphate screed as a fast track floor solution fot their project, the screed was done back beginging of july and is still not dry enough to tile , I spent hundreds of pounds on moisture and humidity testing equipment and even have a gypsum based an anhydrite adhesive from tile master waitng to stick the tiles down, in some areas the humity of the floor is 93% the heating has been run to dry out the floor and the customers cant get their job finished due to using this type of flooring what a load of rubbish

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I have a job local to me where the customer was sold a calcium sulphate screed as a fast track floor solution fot their project, the screed was done back beginging of july and is still not dry enough to tile , I spent hundreds of pounds on moisture and humidity testing equipment and even have a gypsum based an anhydrite adhesive from tile master waitng to stick the tiles down, in some areas the humity of the floor is 93% the heating has been run to dry out the floor and the customers cant get their job finished due to using this type of flooring what a load of rubbish

Is this a "low Laitance" screed by any chance Gary?? And do you know what heating cycle they have done and what depth of screed it is?

G

Gazzer

I have no issues tiling to them but as Bri says its the testing and explaining to the client....some times I feel like a parrot when telling them......and then they always say the same thing.....why were we not told all this by the screeder ?....Why indeed ?

When it comes to the testing as well ts the cost of a Hygrometer or 3 and the travelling an time to do the tests, wouldnt be so bad if it could be done in one go but you cant !

S

Spud

No not a low laitence screed ,free hygrometer what a load of nonsense I purchased the protimeter floor testing kit cost 450 plus vat came with 1 foam testing box I decided to buy 2 more boxes that you can plug the hygrometer into at 26 pounds each ago and 3 digital boxes lucky I did as over the 6 rooms they were placed in all 6 readings were different ranging from 68 percent to 93 one hygrometer would not be enough to give an accurate reading of any average sized floor these screeds do not dry out quickly v

B

bugs183

No not a low laitence screed ,free hygrometer what a load of nonsense I purchased the protimeter floor testing kit cost 450 plus vat came with 1 foam testing box I decided to buy 2 more boxes that you can plug the hygrometer into at 26 pounds each ago and 3 digital boxes lucky I did as over the 6 rooms they were placed in all 6 readings were different ranging from 68 percent to 93 one hygrometer would not be enough to give an accurate reading of any average sized floor these screeds do not dry out quickly v

I looked into all this Gary. Spoke to all the moisture testing companies, adhesives companies, screed manufacturers. Everyone said something different. I gave up in the end! Most of the builders i use had problems with this screeds be it the mix not drying, dodgy pours etc, so they've all gone back to sand and cement.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to calcium sulphate screeds take forever to dry in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

S
on a job at the moment with a calcium sulphate screed asked the builder to find out which type...
Replies
Views
S
this will be my first time fixing porcelain 900 x 900 tiles onto a calcium poured screed , with...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have a site meeting tomorrow with the customer and father inlaw (architect) so I...
Replies
Views
J
Anhydrite screed on kitchen floor with UFH. There were some hairline cracks which were bonded...
Replies
Views
I have visited recently a few tile failures and found that the vast majority of them are due...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB