Discuss Can anyone confirm if this process is correct? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TMTservices

Hi,

Just wondering if this is correct process for UFH installation ? Not me doing it , just want to check method is correct.

Sub is 80% Concrete 20% covered in minimal layer of latex based slc.

The plan is to

1) Prime sub

2) apply spf and lay 6mm thermal boards staggered.

3) lay out matting and test, then stick down using self adhesive backing.

4) Cover in weber floor flex. been reccommended 10mm covering off weber technical

5) prime

6) weber set plus rapid adhesive to fix.

This sound ok?

Thanks.

D

DHTiling

Thats what I thought when he told me on blower. Over sell perhaps! lol! It equates to 34 bags of the stuff. Ive told client to just get 18, Im thinking should be ample.

Can I just ask dave, a query the customer has is the slc affecting the performance of the matting. Does this reduce the heat that comes to surface in a negative way?

Thanks.

No.. it will help infact... Weber flex is a great SLC but just enough to embed cables is fine.. around 5mm..

T

TMTservices

Another question regarding this if you dont mind.

the customer has previously bought soft insulation roll to put under ufh ( was going to lay laminate ) and not the rigid stuff like ekoboard found on uheat, which I have always seen being used. The technical guys at the manufacturers of the ufh said that the soft insulation roll is adequate if fixed with spf and then covered with slc which I intended on anyway. Is this correct? Ive always associated the harder boards, whatever the brand, with prep for UFH?

T

TMTservices

My thought exactly. Even when Im looking on the manufacturers guidance online, nothing is stated regarding tiling on top of this. Only stated tiling on the hard insulation boards. Yet they have told client that they have asked the tilers they use aand they sayin yes go ahead. I really have doubts though. Just goes against everything I have ever seen regarding ufh matting. I know I havent experienced all aspects of ufh yet, so was still unsure of wether this was just some product I have never come across yet.

Confused a little to say the least.

U

Uheat - Keith

We always say 5mm to 6mm SLC.
Ekoboards for concrete bases when Tiling on top.
Construction boards when installing onto ply - chipboard etc.
Compressive strenght of both is approx 300kPa ( 20 stone man on 1 square metre )
We have a third Insulation Board that we use with our Elektra WoodTec system for laminate floor finishes, which is a insulating underlay and is different to the others.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Can anyone confirm if this process is correct? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am new to here & stumbled across this site in my pursuit of finding the best solution for...
Replies
Views
G
(I know similar questions have been posted before but they're closed for follow up questions) I...
Replies
Views
G
Hey guys, I normally post over in diynot for general DIY but wrt tiling over timber I need some...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
A
Hi, I am a competent DIYer but would appreciate some professional advice. Could anyone tell me...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Can anyone confirm if this process is correct?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.