Discuss Can you snap a metre tile without a metre snapper? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Doing a job this week where the customer has got 100cm x 30cm ceramic wall tiles. The biggest snapper I have is 900mm. Short of going out & buying a giant snapper, is there any way of snapping such tiles lengthwise without an actual snapper? can it be done? I am loathing the thought of wet saw cutting metre lengths of tile!

I just can't imagine there isn't a way of snapping them by scoring and then some means of maybe a hard nail under the base of the tile & 2 appropriate bits of wood and some effort applied?

Thanks for your advice!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Can you snap a metre tile without a metre snapper? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This may seem and odd question...but when I did a tiling training course, we were taught when...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
M
Hi All , could really do with some help on the above bridge saw. This was a second hand purchase...
Replies
Views
mache
M
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
A
Ok so I have a customer who is looking to have there bathroom done and they have requested 3...
Replies
Views
MTiler
M
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB