Discuss Claims to fame in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

Leading on from the "interesting finds" and "best thing you have ever won" threads I thought I would start another.........what are your claims to fame (or immediate family members claim to fame to broaden it a bit).

I have a couple of personal ones but for various reasons (mainly legal) I can't mention them for a good few years yet :(

One I can mention though is that my Dad was the team leader of the team at Sunseeker who built the Sunseeker Superhawk boats used in the James Bond film - "The World is Not Enough". One full spec operating boat built, with another which was adapted by the special effects team, and another which was just a hull and top deck.

vusy4emu.jpg

As Andy Warhol famously once said -"Everyone will be famous for 15 minutes"

G

Gazzer

Tiled a few footballers houses over the years but not being into football I wasnt that impressed and cant remember their names....Derek Doogan was the only name I can rememeber oh Richards ? Both Wolves players. Dont think Doogan was actually playing at the time. Turned down a Steve Bull job !
I tiled the Central TV News presenters house Bob Warman. I think he has moved now and has had issues with the latest tilers who fixed to a Anhydrite screed.
Did some work for a Aussie pop star ( actually English but the No 1 was in Aussie charts) Starskee ( Jolyon Barker), Hit song was Midas Touch or My Way ...cant rememeber.
And if rumours were to be believed , back in the late 70`s my dads firm who i was with at the time did some work at a house used by Black Sabbath.

The only semi famous person I've worked for is Marlon Harewood (ex Forest, Villa, West Ham, Newcastle).

Im friends (ISH) of Marlon & Alison!

Best famous customer was OBE himself (Sir Brian Clough)

Here is brief story

I was serving a lady back 20 yrs ago, we got chatting when i noticed on her cc her name was Clough, me being a cocky LS i said "any relation" to which Mrs Clough said yes, his wife!

Loaded her boot full of tiles, only to glance in the drivers mirror and there he was, #Starstruck i managed an hello.....to which he replied something like "thank you young man!"

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Poole
Went to the same school as Gary Numan (ask Doug who he is) and Alan Knill (footballer / Welsh international / now unsuccesful manager of various footy clubs). Not at same time as the singer, but...

Also chatted to 'Arry Redknapp down the beach whilst we were both walking our dogs. He had just taken over at Super Spurs...but he was wearing a bloody West Ham coat. Really nice guy - ended a phone call to chat to me.

Reply to Claims to fame in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for some advice.... A returning client has came to me in a bit of a dilemma and...
Replies
Views
lizzardtong
L
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
T
Hi Guys, I appreciate that this is "yet another" newbie question, so I'll try to be clear and...
Replies
Views
SJPurdy
S
4,858 of 4,965 people found the following review helpful 5.0 out of 5 stars Oh the shame...., 3...
Replies
Views
E
I receive this i-mail for one job: Work Friday-Monday Eduardo, Work for tomorrow...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB