Discuss Cleaning paddle mixers...the easy way! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Perfect Tiling

Hi all..hope everyones keeping busy. Just thought I would drop a good tip onto the site. My appologies to all that already do this. Couple of weeks ago I saw a tiler trying to clean his paddle with a sponge after mixing his mornings addy. First thought was that its a slow way to do it and my second was that he still had the power on and was close to losing a finger or two. The tip...carry a bag of small gravel and an old bucket. When on site half fill the bucket with the gravel and fill with water. When youv'e mixed the addy just put the paddle in the bucket on forward and reverse until its clean. The gravel will last the job and can be washed to reuse. No fiddly cleaning and you keep your fingers. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rob Z

A bucket of sand is good, and spinning it in water gets most of it.

I read a thing on one of the construction forums years ago about a guy that lost his thumb because he was trying to clean the paddle while the drill was still plugged in. He was supporting the drill with his other hand while sponging the mess of the paddle. He unconsciously triggered the drill and it ripped his thumb off.

My procedure since then has been for all employees to unplug the drill when cleaning the paddle or tightening/loosening the chuck.

D

doug boardley

9334_1204165857370_1025320376_30655561_2746341_n.jpg

this is what I use to give mine a quick wash in between mixes

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cleaning paddle mixers...the easy way! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all Bought a couple of bags of Gran-fix flexible addy to finish off a project - the previous...
2 3
Replies
Views
D
Drilling a hole into a Belle bath. Fitting Victorian taps. Drill steel baths. Project fitting...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
D
How to drill a hole in a steel bath. At 365Drills we provide either the equipment you need or...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Cleaning paddle mixers...the easy way!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.