Discuss Completed Calacatta Bookmatch, Hampstead. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Blunt Tool

Most professional tilers would be able to take on a Porcel-thin job and make a pretty decent job if given a bit of training, but how many are willing to put in the hours, skill, patience, attention to the littlest detail, to not just produce a nice job but to produce a piece of work that will go down as one of the best ever even among peers. This is the work of a tiler on the very peak of his trade and Marc and this job deserves recognition. CAPOLAVORO

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Glasgow
After the recent job posting for large format i sat down with a cup of tea and some cake to read up more on the Porcel thin jobs why it's so hard to find the correct installers and just what's involved. I know my place in the tiling game and its not to be even thinking of stuff like this but i enjoy looking into the procedures of anything related to the job and i learnt a thing or two about stair risers. I'm just bumping this and a couple other related threads in case there is anyone else like me that enjoys sitting reading these things.

I've never seen these threads before until now and all i can say is it's absolutely outstanding work, pure art and great workmanship and i can see why it's so hard to find the right men for the job. Not many would be able to leave a finish like this. The preparation alone with that model was such a great idea and showed the type of people they had tackling that job took it serious, hats off to @3_fall & @GaryTheTiler :clapping::clapping:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Completed Calacatta Bookmatch, Hampstead. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

O
......so a few weeks before Christmas @GaryTheTiler invited me to embark on a little project...
Replies
Views
O
.......so as u've probably already seen, @Ray TT @ Porcel-Thin exhibits at the Sleep Exhibition...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB