Discuss Completed Calacatta Bookmatch, Hampstead. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
20160724_080942.png

O

Old Mod

. Well done mate, an absolute credit to you and your labourer ;)

That's very kind of you say John, cheers mate.
It's probably been a while since Gary's been referred to as a labourer tho! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
There were no labourers mate
Gary, who got us up and going and figured out the best way to negotiate the landings and did the first one as well as the very first staircase, I followed his lead from then on in.
Then he came back to help with a copper lift surround and help set out the lobby floor.
And of course was at my beck and call on the phone if I needed it.
Brian, (one of Gary's colleague's who left just a couple weeks in, well he did come into some money suddenly :eek:)
Steve, (who fixed a part of the staircase for me once I had prepared the treads and risers and landings, and also helped fix the floor in the lobby with me, but he fixed only. Didn't get involved in the setting out or preparing)
Ray came and got his hands dirty for a day,
As did Mark (whitebeam) and Harry (hmtiling) he also spent the Day there.
I did the rest on my own, much to the frustration of the agent, but in fairness to him, he never complained ONCE, he wanted to, I could see it in his eyes! Haha but he didn't.

O

Old Mod

That is amazing Marc, top class, I really hope you got top dollar for that my friend , and I hope you wore the t shirts ;)
Again, like John said, possibly one of the best and time consuming jobs I've seen on here :thumbsup:
Craig, thank you very much!
No amount of money would have compensated for the satisfaction it gave me.
(That's code for NO, no where near enough money!) hahaha :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:)
I did actually, right at the end.
And thank you again for that!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
That's very kind of you say John, cheers mate.
It's probably been a while since Gary's been referred to as a labourer tho! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
There were no labourers mate
Gary, who got us up and going and figured out the best way to negotiate the landings and did the first one as well as the very first staircase, I followed his lead from then on in.
Then he came back to help with a copper lift surround and help set out the lobby floor.
And of course was at my beck and call on the phone if I needed it.
Brian, (one of Gary's colleague's who left just a couple weeks in, well he did come into some money suddenly :eek:)
Steve, (who fixed a part of the staircase for me once I had prepared the treads and risers and landings, and also helped fix the floor in the lobby with me, but he fixed only. Didn't get involved in the setting out or preparing)
Ray came and got his hands dirty for a day,
As did Mark (whitebeam) and Harry (hmtiling) he also spent the Day there.
I did the rest on my own, much to the frustration of the agent, but in fairness to him, he never complained ONCE, he wanted to, I could see it in his eyes! Haha but he didn't.

Sounds like all you did was mix the addy :rolleyes: Only job left to do ;)

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Hi ,Marc
Yes I did, on Monday. Very quiet.took my apprentice and was a bot shocked at the lack of people! Porcelthin stand was the busiest. Ray was busy when I was on his stand. The demonstrations were informative, but as I had a hangover, decided to pay McDonald's a visit!.

Once again , great work. Btw were you on a price , or day rate? ( must have been day rate??)

O

Old Mod

Hi ,Marc
Yes I did, on Monday. Very quiet.took my apprentice and was a bot shocked at the lack of people! Porcelthin stand was the busiest. Ray was busy when I was on his stand. The demonstrations were informative, but as I had a hangover, decided to pay McDonald's a visit!.

Once again , great work. Btw were you on a price , or day rate? ( must have been day rate??)
Haha was that you two guys without badges stood watching mosaic presentation in work clothes drinking coffe, to the left of the presentation area? :D
It was on a price mate.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Absolutely brilliant work mate it's truly an honour to have you on as staff on the forum. That's literally out of this world. A benchmark for any tiler to try and hit one day. Everything is going to seem boring and standard now until the next one of those you get.

Well done.

11/10

O

Old Mod

.and you say this Porcel-Thin?
Yes mate, Rays Porcel-Thin™
amazing what you can learn on a days course eh! Haha
Cheers Cam, very kind of you to say. :)
Well I'm equally in admiration of what you've been able to achieve too!
This here forum can be quite useful eh! ;)
I doubt I'll ever get another opportunity to emulate that job, but who knows.
It won't be for the lack of trying, that's for sure!
Thanks again mate. ;)

Reply to Completed Calacatta Bookmatch, Hampstead. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

O
......so a few weeks before Christmas @GaryTheTiler invited me to embark on a little project...
Replies
Views
O
.......so as u've probably already seen, @Ray TT @ Porcel-Thin exhibits at the Sleep Exhibition...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB