Discuss Concrete panels on bathroom walls? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Jonathanb

TF
Esteemed
North yorkshire
Hi, my first post on here. I am looking at fitting thin concrete panels on my bathroom and shower wall. Has any one used them before?
The ones I was looking at are either Concreate or https://livingconcrete.co.uk/concrete-panels
The livingconcrete type say you can use them on a wall by fixing with tile adhesive but not much more imformation.
The Concreate say they need to be glued to the wall, but does not mention if they can be fitted with tile adhesive, spacers and grout.
P.s I’m not a tiler, I’m a carpenter
Cheers
John.

Jonathanb

TF
Esteemed
North yorkshire
Started the tiling today :D

John

4E97B363-E39E-47AD-9C86-3D57DDD6C58B.jpeg D8C9D50E-D503-4662-A0D9-1A5DF364E93B.jpeg 7BA7B1CD-B62E-4CB7-A569-2807BD735156.jpeg

O

Old Mod

They don’t do the sizes I need :(

John.

You need a reaming bit, (finger bit) mark out the hole and either use the biggest bit you can find
120-125mm then use the reaming bit to enlarge it.
Something like this.

Vacuum Brazed Finger Bits M14 - ATS Diamond Tools - https://www.atsdiamondtools.co.uk/product/vacuum-brazed-finger-bits-m14/

Or just use the biggest you have and stitch drill and grind rest away.

The only one that @Pro Tiler Tools have is the Montolit to my knowledge and it’s very expensive and aggressive, and if this is your one and only time you’ll use it then the Montolit is an expensive bit.

Jonathanb

TF
Esteemed
North yorkshire
Nice job, Jonathan.
Did you use Reuters for your German gear?

I spend about £5k per month with them and my tile supplier every month. No idea what I’m going to do from March next year.

Yes, ordered it all from Reuters, couldn’t fault them. Everything turned up when they said it would.

John..

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Concrete panels on bathroom walls? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hope everyone is well. I'm after some advice please. I'm currently having my bathroom tiled...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB