Discuss connaught might go Bust!!!!10,000 jobs in the Balence in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

I think recently there was a statistic that confirmed that 95% of the worlds wealth was distributed between 5% of the worlds population:yikes:

Absolutely right, Doug that statistic has been constant since around 1700 if not before, the distribution of wealth hasn't changed at all world wide... hubby and friends keep studying stuff like that and I get it spoonfed by proxy, so to speak.. :lol: also, did you know that if all the wealth in the world was distributed equally between every single adult alive today, everyone would have about £12000 per year? That is not including precious metals and stones. It is not God who created poverty, that's for sure. The 5% rule applies to everything, you may find, if you had all the information, that 5% of people in any given field actually make a long term success of it, also a proven statistic.

C

CDS

I know a couple of guys who work for Connaughts around my patch - Heard no end of stories.... tubbed adhesive on all walls regardless of tiles or substrate, PVA as a primer, 100% pushfit pipework. All jobs priced the same and given the same materials list regardless of room size, Tradesmen finishing a job at midday and being forced to stay on site until 5pm.... the list goes on! Typical example of clueless number cruncher management with no common sense, and from what I hear absolutely no idea of how to manage people or actually complete a job. All heresay of course but I still feel very sorry if these guys lose there jobs - 10000 people...yikes thats noy good. Chris

M

Mike

listened to this on radio today,,seems allthere sub contractors regardless if they are halfway through a job wont be getting paid for there work as they dont have it,,but jobs are still to br completed and they expect the clients to pay????????????? makes me sick,they knew they were gonna go under
what about their employees? will they get paid?? i dont think the clients to pay as they're council tenants! mad bad situation !!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I think recently there was a statistic that confirmed that 95% of the worlds wealth was distributed between 5% of the worlds population:yikes:

I think the correct term is, 5% of the worlds population CONTROL 95% of the worlds finance. It's not just distributed between them, they actually control it and what's done with it. Apparently even wars are started because this 5% want more of their money, or need to build wells on land that isn't their own. That sort of stuff.

Reply to connaught might go Bust!!!!10,000 jobs in the Balence in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Italy
I
C
Hi all, Up to recently I've used BAL tubbed adhesive for small format tiles and Topps Trade...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, It's been a while since I posted here as work has been busy. I'm after some advice...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
connaught might go Bust!!!!10,000 jobs in the Balence
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.