Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Considering a new cutter... in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

S

sWe

I'm considering buying a new main cutter. My current one is a Sigma, which works fine, but its age is starting to show. I'm looking for input from people who've tried any of the following ones:

Rubi TR 600 (tried a Rubi TS, but I didn't like the non-movable breaker)
Tomecanic Supercut 45
Montolit Masterpiuma P52

I'm especially interested in the Tomecanic, so input on that one would be great. The adjustible guide looks a bit flimsy. Is it?

BTW, has anyone tried a Husqvarna? They look a bit simple, but sturdy, and the breaking mechanism looks kinda cool.

Cheers.

G

grumpygrouter

I'm considering buying a new main cutter. My current one is a Sigma, which works fine, but its age is starting to show. I'm looking for input from people who've tried any of the following ones:

Rubi TR 600 (tried a Rubi TS, but I didn't like the non-movable breaker)
Tomecanic Supercut 45
Montolit Masterpiuma P52

I'm especially interested in the Tomecanic, so input on that one would be great. The adjustible guide looks a bit flimsy. Is it?

BTW, has anyone tried a Husqvarna? They look a bit simple, but sturdy, and the breaking mechanism looks kinda cool.

Cheers.
There has been a lot of input regarding cutters recently on here sWe, do a search for cutters in the menu list at the top. All the cutters you mention have been commented on before.

Personally I have a Montolit Masterpiuma 63 and it is very good.

Grumpy

S

sWe

If you want a rubi cutter with a movable breaker then the rubi TX series are great cutters...

Yeah, figured as much, but AFAIK, the TX 700 is the smallest TX cutter, and that's a tad to big for me to use as a main cutter.

Checking around the forums as we speak, but there's almost nothing on the Tomecanic, so I figured I'd ask.

Edit: Congrats on beating 5k posts Dave :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Considering a new cutter... in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I’m after a new hand held wet & dry saw cos my dewalts had it, and been looking at the...
Replies
Views
Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff. I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, been a keen reader of the forum for a few weeks now. Getting ready for a DIY bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hello! I am new here but I have been reading a lot about manual tile cutters on the forum. I am...
Replies
Views
L

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Considering a new cutter...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • BAL

Votes: 25 29.4%