Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Cowboys yeeeeeee ha in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikebidd

After a few posts on here and a few programs on the tele. Theres one were a couple were duped out off 46,000 most off which was paid in advance even before the work had started.

The program im watching is a it rubbishtoo be fair and spent about a tenner on fixing it. There was a bit off tiling where the bloke had used 3mm ply on a bathroom floor and it all cracked.

I do feel very sorry for these people but 46.000 pound in advance how thick have you got too be???

And how are these cowboys out buying flashy new cars and rolling in work when im having to deliver bloody leaflets too make ends meet. NOT just me theres blokes that are truely talented with no work.

I just think people should take a little more responsibilty for the fact they were conned RESEARCH people before you employ them. instead off being conned loosing your money then having to research them any way.

Makes my blood boil.:oops:

M

mikethetile

your right mike

we as true tradesman get very upset when we hear of people ripping people off , and a lot of the time the customer is as much at fault for not checking thses firms out properly before giving them any money. and while they are employing idiots theres less work for those who care and take pride in doing a good job

I wish we could find a way to drive the idiots out of the trades, we do our bit on here by giving sound advice and encouraging people to work to the right standards

we also tell customers the way their job should be done so they can deal appriopatly with the so called tiler they have inadvertantly employed

its a small step against the tide of chancers but its positive and I believe this fforum has done a lot to raise standards and awareness in the uk

dont employ a tiler till you have read tf!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Cowboys yeeeeeee ha in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

hi Andy, were really sorry but were going to have to cancel the tiling due to lack of funds...
Replies
Views
went to start a floor today, when i got there the tiles were 400x400 polished porcelain from...
Replies
Views
J.R Tiling
J
Good evening everyone. I've been tiling and working Marble and Granite for seventeen years and...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
Hi All Ive got a nice job to price up but have a few questions that i thought the pro's would...
Replies
Views
M
Hi im not sure if there if all ready one of these but i thought it would be a great idea to have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Cowboys yeeeeeee ha
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.