Discuss Cracking in Tile Grout in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Morning..

If as you say the tiles are stuck solid and there is no tenting of the field tiles or any signs of debonding , then I would be looking at the water to powder ratio of the mixed grout.
If this was over watered , then this can produce a weaker product , thus can be the cause of the light cracking due to shrinkage of excess water evaporation , so,worth looking at that option as well.

The cracked tile , this could simply be a stress crack to an L cut , this can happen IMO and a replace as you say is simple enough.

Just another option to consider on the info you've provided.

Dave.

J

J Sid

Weber Grout mixed to wet or washed to soon or to much water...... Post #8.
Seen it may times on ufh, but what do I know...

Turn ufh off, remove grout and regrout.
Adhesive and grout should be mixed as manufacturers instructions, otherwise they will not perform at designed and your warranty will be void.

Heard it may times, 'been doing it 30 years, I know how to mix it' hopefully they mixed the adhesive correctly!
You now know it has not been mixed as instructed, ask them to redo it at there cost.
On the information you have supplied, weak grout look like the problem.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Cracking in Tile Grout in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Last Dec tiled a small conservatory (13m) with 600mm porcelain tiles. Prior to tiling another...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen floor tiled in large plank-style porcelain tiles (90cm x 15cm) about 2 years...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB