Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Customer street are gonna get it!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Daz

ROFL!!

They keep phoning us 'cos they are trawling findtrustedtradesmen.co.uk.

I had a call today and it was, unusually, perfect timing.
I had just finished applying Ardex WPC and needed to give it an hour or two to dry before tiling. I'd just cleaned all my tools sorted out water etc. and was tucking into a sandwich at 10.30 'ish, enjoying some lovely sunny weather.

My phone goes and it's a "private no", so I thought I'd have some fun. Anyway, he gives it the usual load of waffle and says that he has 40 leads for me and it will only cost 1p per day. I led him on for 20 mins or so, then put him on hold whilst I took a call on my other line. He was still there when I came back to him - LOL- so I asked him to recap as I'd forgotten the reason for his call. He went through it again, and just as he was about to go for the close I said "but I already have a domain name registered and I have professional qualifications in web design, so what am I paying £30 per month for?". He went through his waffle again and was about to close so I said "Yell.com have given me 2 months free enhanced listing on a try before you buy, what are you going to do?". He said we don't work like that. I said "I don't ask my customers to pay a 1 off registration fee before I let them see samples of my work, why should I pay you?"; That stumped him so he changed the subject and tried to close me again.

My customer was listening to the conversation and was falling about the place with laughter, I haven't had so much fun on the phone for ages!

My tanking was almost ready to be tiled onto by now so, I thought I would mix it up a bit. I said "aren't you lot listed on Blagger.com as being rather dodgy?", he said we've got over 56,000 customers so it's not surprising that one or two have not been happy with our service. I said "yell.com have got a lot more than 56,000 customers and I haven't seen their name on Blagger", again silence.

He tried once more but in a very loud and aggressive manner, concluding with "...and I will be your personal account manager for the next 12 months", well that was it for me I expalined that he sounded very rude and aggressive and not someone that I felt I could work with. I, also, gave him the name of a tiler that I know locally (who is a complete knob) and suggested that he hassle him instead!

Bottom line I managed to kill and hour and a half at customer street cost and provided good entertainment for both me and my customer whilst the tanking dried. As a bonus, hopefully, a local competitor is now getting waste of time calls to interupt his day too - LOL!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
They keep phoning us 'cos they are trawling findtrustedtradesmen.co.uk.

Think they'll get THE MESSAGE?

THE MESSAGE said:
SPAM NOTICE: We don't want sales calls. Do NOT contact us if you're selling a service. That includes "Customer Street".

I have emailed them on a number of occasions telling them to stop using the database. And we rank 3rd in Google for "customer street" hoping we stop people getting robbed by them. I also provide links to their BLAGGER LISTING in that topic that ranks well.

And note that they use all the databases on the net to make their own sales list. yell.com, thompsons included. Both the free and paid listings.

Last edited:

Reply to Customer street are gonna get it!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Customer street are gonna get it!!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.