Discuss customers who smoke in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

i found this on the smokefreeengland website

Home

Is my home required to be smokefree?

No. The the smokefree law does not apply to private dwellings and private residential spaces, except for parts of dwellings used solely as a place of work by more than one person.

I work from home, is it required to be smokefree then?

It depends. The law requires that any parts of a dwelling will be required to be smokefree if they are used solely as a place of work for:
i. more than one person who does not live in the dwelling,
ii. a person who does live at the dwelling and any person who does not, or
iii. any person whether they live at the dwelling or not, if people who do not live at the dwelling come to give or receive goods or services.
If you are unsure, you may wish to contact your local council for advice.

to me that reads, if you're having tradesmen enter your home to provide a service, you're obliged to have it smokefree whilst they are there completing the work

Last edited by a moderator:

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
I'm a newbie Ex smoker (April this year) and it STILL gets my goat when everyone has a pop at smokers.

Its like smokers are lepers. I could go on about the tax side of it and all that stuff, but it used to wind me up before.......and it still does.

if you go and do a quote, and smell smoke in the house.............its up to you then if you do the quote or not.

Health & safety, Political correctness and all this kind of guff goes toooo far sometimes.

D

Deleted member 9966

I have very harsh views on smokers, overweight people, and people who generally do not do what they can to keep themselves healthy and expect the government/NHS to sort them out.

I believe people should be left to their own devices, however if they choose to smoke themselves to death, then they should be allowed to die without any medical intervention. I choose to live a healthy life, yet because of budgetary constraints on the NHS, I'd only be allowed one round of IVF on the NHS. And if that was unsuccessful, then tough, no more freebies and I would have to pay for it all myself.

Apologies if I upset anyone with my view, but I believe the system is unfair and penalises those who choose the healthy lifestyle.

F

faithhealer

woah there, I have never once asked anybody to put a cigarette out, as you say CJ if you don't like it don't do it. Went to a 'do' last week and kept popping outside for fresh air and all the smokers could talk about was that they had to come outside to smoke BUT they agreed with the law!
I'm a newbie Ex smoker (April this year) and it STILL gets my goat when everyone has a pop at smokers.

Its like smokers are lepers. I could go on about the tax side of it and all that stuff, but it used to wind me up before.......and it still does.

if you go and do a quote, and smell smoke in the house.............its up to you then if you do the quote or not.

Health & safety, Political correctness and all this kind of guff goes toooo far sometimes.

Reply to customers who smoke in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
customers who smoke
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.