Discuss customers who smoke in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

Never had any problem with this apart from went to do a quote once for two chain smokers, sore throat for days . Just wondering do we have any rights regarding smoking in the 'workplace', even if it is their home

Hi John,

I am also bothered by a lot of smoke (allergies, asthma). I think even if you invoke the legal requirement for a smoke-free workplace to your customers, you'll "win the battle/lose the war". It would likely engender some animosity that would then come out later.

I think the best way to approach would be to ask if they could work with you on a plan that would have them smoke outside while you're there, and invoke the allergies/asthma thing...even if you don't have them. I think many smokers would consider that one, whereas most would get annoyed when confronted with the other method (workplace laws). Very few of us (I'm included) like having the governement tell us what we can and can't do in our own house.

Good luck, I hope you can get the job and work out something about the smoking.:thumbsup:

A

Aston

this country and its crazy hypocritcal inconsistant laws...

why dont they ban smoking full stop??

we know so much more about it now...its responsible for so many illnesses now and death related illnesses too!!..i reckon even the people who smoke would prefer the government to ban it because it would actually be helping them...i totally understand thats its hard to quit and i am not 4 one minute having ago at smokers, while its legal its their free choice but its 2010 and if its dangerous in the workplace, then its dangerous in the home and its dangerous at the wheel of a car and so on....

come on new government, help the people who are reliant on smoking, help the strain on the national health, help the people who suffer from passive smoking in ALL AREAS....sorry, no you want go that far, cos it'll effect the huge revenue stream,,lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to customers who smoke in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
customers who smoke
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.