Discuss cutting tiles with a grinder in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

heavytrevy

Haha thats funny, you dont need a holesaw kit for that cut

For all you guys that only use wet cutters im sorry to say ude never make it tiling in Oz , because ude be far to slow.
Only time wet cutters are used here is to cut stone, even then its finished with a grinder.

Trev

Always worth having a small grinder about to make cuts.

Dsc09484.jpg

This is ours.

Dsc09483.jpg

To put a plug socket in we drilled out the corners from the front of the tile. So that it guarantees the blade will not run on.

Dsc09491.jpg

Cut the front of the tile with the grinder

Dsc09498.jpg

Pop the socket in. Perfect fit every time. Works on Large format porcelain tiles.

Dsc09500.jpg

Equipment used
1x angle grinder
1x battery drill
1x bathroom fitters kit

365drills_pack.jpg

Selection of seven diamond core drills in five sizes

valueformoney2.gif

C

craig1010

One of the first tools I bought was a grinder and marcrist ck850 blade. My grinder packed in 2 weeks ago and was sent to Bosch under warranty. They took 2 weeks to replace it for a new one (and seriously got my back up) so in that time I had to go and buy another. The new one's a Makita, runs much smoother with less vibration. So I now have two new grinders. The key is to buy a light one, no more tham 1.4kg, and make sure you get a good blade.

T

tootall66

Image018.jpg I wouldnt be without one every one uses them on construction sites.This curved cutting was all done with a Bosch grinder on site ( Glasgow Airport Duty Free) 600x600mm Technical stone.You cant do that with a wet cutter. Take care when using this type of material or natural stone Always wear a suitable dust mask to prevent "Silicosis" lung disease

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to cutting tiles with a grinder in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Beginner DIY Tiler, I'm contemplating drilling (with ceramic tile carbide tipped drill bits)...
Replies
Views
Advice Hi guys, got some 60cmx60cm porcelain tiles to lay in a hallway with a modular pattern...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Im going to be tiling my shower room walls and floor with some large format tiles as per the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Andy Allen

Esteemed
Arms
TF
Gloucester

Thread Information

Title
cutting tiles with a grinder
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.