Discuss Deliveries... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

I ordered some materials for a floor stripping job to start on Monday...I ordered them on Thursday and paid for next day delivery and they had to be signed for so the wife stayed in for the morning and i did the afternoon shift on friday. At 1pm i tracked the parcel and it was delivered to the local sorting office at 5am that morning...so at 4.30pm i rang UKMAIL and asked what time it was going to be delivered...Its not going to be delivered until monday due the the christmas rush on parcels was there reply...:incazzato:Cant it be delivered tmro (Saturday) We do not do Saturday deliveries she said..:incazzato:OK can i collect it Saturday morning from your depot 20 miles away...Ok she said, so at 9am i arrive at their depot to collect my parcel, go to reception and give them my details...The guy then tells me it is on the van going to be delivered today..:mad2: IM NOT HAPPY!!!

G

Gazzer

You would think that a better system could be designed theses days. Living alone I always struggle when having stuff delivered. Sometimes they wont deliver to site, the delivery address has to be the same as the card holders address !!! Crazy !
Luckily I know that with Tradetilers deliveries it will be next day so i have to time the order so I will be at home. If for some reason I miss the delivery they take it to the depot which is halfway to Tradetilers office !!!
U-Heat broke the rules for me and delivered to site in less than 24 hours.

S

Stewart

Have managed to blag a lot of compensation from companies due to bad delivery practice. I've also lost countless working hours (or my apprentice has) waiting in for them to arrive. Now most of my deliveries come to site as I have accounts with all my usual suppliers.

........But deliveries have to be one of the most frustrating parts of my job as it's out of my hands, and I'm a complete control freak!

Reply to Deliveries... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
F
Had one today, Went to look at the job prior to starting. It's a plumber who I know's daughter...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
Has any of you chaps had a problem with delivery of tiles and adhesive from CTD now it is coming...
Replies
Views
On one
O
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
Bit of a strange subject title for a tiling forum, but that’s what I’ve had for the past 10...
Replies
Views
Russell brown
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Deliveries...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.