Discuss Did I get a bad tiler? Please help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CJ CERAMICS

i cant see how he has managed to get so far out of line surely after the second tile up you would realise that the tiles dont line up.

Right graig what adhesive did he use? was it in a bag that he mixed with water or was it a pre paste in a tub?

if it was the second one you may be able to salvage a lot of the tiles as they tend to come off easier aslong as you dont leave them too long.

Sorry to say but i doubt if this guy will be back to rectify his mistakes. If i was you i would bite the bullet and have another tiler look over the work and see what can be done.

chris

B

bootsmckiber

That's a good thing,just keep bugging him until he corrects it,if he doesn't hurry up let him know you're going to get some people in the trade in for their opinion.If he thinks his name and workmanship is going to take a bashing he may rectify it quicker than he's planning on.Get his local tile distributer to come out and quote how much a refix would cost,once they know his name it won't be long before everyone knows his workmanship isn't up to par.

is it 2 shower walls??
with a big grout line where the 2 walls meet?

has he just gone full tile from the corners on both walls & off an un-level shower base or something?

I'm not sure about his excuse re "I only tiled over what was already there"?

How long ago was it done? As previous posts say, you might be able to remove them, give them a good soak & re-use them.

As for the tiler footing the bill - I very much doubt he'lll pay for the tiles & comeback to rectify it out of his own pocket & time - definately not if he's on nearly £100 an hour!

Reply to Did I get a bad tiler? Please help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hope everyone is well. I'm after some advice please. I'm currently having my bathroom tiled...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I had a very unprofessional tiler who did a lot of errors and left my bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Did I get a bad tiler? Please help
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.