Discuss Dirty Houses. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

Had the pleasure of working in this house recently, the smell was unbelievable and reeked on my clothing all day.
Only had to do a textured ceiling next to the en-suite bathroom (shown in pcs).
The old fella has got to the stage he can't really look after himself now ( Ex Trinity College).

Bathroom 018.jpg Bathroom 019.jpg Bathroom 020.jpg Bathroom 021.jpg Bathroom 026.jpg Bathroom 022.jpg

I

Italy

I happened into the restaurant kitchen, the floor lay sweater remain attached to the wall when touch, smell impossible, rat poop around, asking whether to stay for lunch to eat restaurant, I say not to eat lunch ......,. not wanted to die :(
I happened into the restaurant kitchen, the floor lay sweater remain attached to the wall when touch, smell impossible, rat poop around, asking whether to stay for lunch to eat restaurant, I say not to eat lunch ......,. not wanted to die :(
@3_fall
understand of day?
Problem understand the evening? :)

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
I tiled a loft conversion bathroom last year. It was in a dirty hoarders house. Filth everywhere. The smell of sweat in the air. All the windows closed and curtains drawn closed. Luckily i was in the new loft. The plasterer dropped a blob of plaster on her dirty threadbare hall carpet. She went mental. You've ruined my carpet she said. 2 young kids in the house too. They looked like they lived on takeaway too. I was glad to get out. The smell of the house lingering in my nose for hours!

O

On one

I tiled a loft conversion bathroom last year. It was in a dirty hoarders house. Filth everywhere. The smell of sweat in the air. All the windows closed and curtains drawn closed. Luckily i was in the new loft. The plasterer dropped a blob of plaster on her dirty threadbare hall carpet. She went mental. You've ruined my carpet she said. 2 young kids in the house too. They looked like they lived on takeaway too. I was glad to get out. The smell of the house lingering in my nose for hours!
Been there,done that,got the T shirt!

O

On one

On a similar theme I did a bathroom refurb earlier in the year for a retired woman who by the smell of things was obviously a smoker.
Now I never saw her smoke and if she did it was always 2 rooms away from me. But when I went home at night
and got cleaned up you could detect the unmistakable smell of nicotine on the tiny little bit of t shirt collar that was showing above the jumper!
And the smell even embedded itself in the dust sheets I had laid over the carpets

W

White Room

worked in a house a couple of years ago in newton aycliffe put roll and stroll on the carpets which were nearly thread bear and covered in cat and dog hairs. when we finished pulled up the carpet protector left tram lines every were. she rang the company up to complain as we had only cleaned parts and not all of her house.

It has been known for carpets to be that manky that roll & stroll would not stick!

Don't some people realise there houses are the pits:rolleyes:

Reply to Dirty Houses. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
R
hi there I'm not a tiler but my partner is (24 years in the trade). My partner has recently...
Replies
Views
T
I started sub-contracting to a tiling firm this week house bashing. I was a bit apprehensive as...
2 3
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
B
Hi, first time post and first time tiling in my home. I got a house and doing the work myself...
Replies
Views
bulboy
B
Just had this in an email.... There is an old Hotel/Pub in Marble Arch, London , which...
Replies
Views
M

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB