UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Disaster tiling job being fixed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

L1bel

L1bel i think Dan asked the question before but was the guy who tiled your bathroom actually a tiler or was he part of the building company?? 600 x 300 polished porcelain fixed to the wall using TUBBED ADHESIVE:yikes::yikes: if you could upload some pics it will definately help us to help you.

So he shouldn't have used the Dunlop wall adhesive. :mad2:

Oh dear. But as Mike says, hopefully to my advantage!

He told me he was a builder and also a tiler and had plenty of experience in tiling and ensuring a "perfect" finish. Hard to know what the truth is but having seen his efforts, I suspect he is a general builder who "thinks" he can tile.

Will definitely put pics up within a couple of hours.

D

DHTiling

Nice lining up of joints...:smilewinkgrin:

4790491331_2a2ca3d4c4.jpg
spaceball.gif

L

L1bel

I'm an amateur though I have tiled several bathrooms and kitchens etc. If my very first attempt had been anything like that I would have cried. Was he sober ???

You're the fourth person to ask that question!

I have plenty more photos.

I doubt I will be able to get an independent tiler round to do a report before my new tiler needs to start work (Thursday). Do people think that these photos should be plentiful evidence of a lack of reasonable skill and care??!

L

L1bel

:thumbsup:Hi L1bel, sorry to hear about your bad tiling job, as above he has saved you some tiles by using tubbed adhesive. Unfortunatly not all (cuts etc) the full tiles will clean up quite easily. looking at the pics I can see why you are not happy, follow the above advise. This guy is no tiler, I doubt he is even a builder. Hope you get it sorted

Cheers Phil. I guess I should be thankful for that at least!

D

diamondtiling

You're the fourth person to ask that question!

I have plenty more photos.

I doubt I will be able to get an independent tiler round to do a report before my new tiler needs to start work (Thursday). Do people think that these photos should be plentiful evidence of a lack of reasonable skill and care??!

No they are not enough, the pictures need to be corroborated by a detailed report that inspects the fixing, adhesives, prep etc. It should be carried out by a professional tiler with a checkable history.

:thumbsup:

L

L1bel

No they are not enough, the pictures need to be corroborated by a detailed report that inspects the fixing, adhesives, prep etc. It should be carried out by a professional tiler with a checkable history.

:thumbsup:

Ok, cheers for the info Diamond, good to know. I doubt I've got the time or mental stamina to deal with that. My priority is to get the job done right and asap. Been too much hassle already.

D

Deleted member 9966

Ok, cheers for the info Diamond, good to know. I doubt I've got the time or mental stamina to deal with that. My priority is to get the job done right and asap. Been too much hassle already.

I'm sorry L1bel but I have to disagree. Whilst I understand that this has been a nightmare for you, you should not have to be out of pocket because of shoddy tiler. It's your choice afterall, but if you could delay your tiler for a week whilst you get the independent report done, then you can still get your bathroom finished, just a week behind schedule. It's not fair that you've been put in this position, and you have to be strong to get the service you wanted in the first place.

Reply to Disaster tiling job being fixed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.