Discuss Do you remember when .... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

Your just a couple of years older than my boy! He's been tiling 15 years now and he thought it was hard working 11 hour shifts in the South Of France . Lunch on the jetty, evening jaunts to Cannes, fridge full of beer and pizzas at 15 euros!
Like most that will reply it will be difficult to realise what it was like and why this trade has become more DIY, it's progress that it's become easier and more cost effective, but that in itself has brought new skills working with thin bed adhesives and bigger harder tiles.

C

Colour Republic

... You had to break the ice off the drum to get to your tiles, you used sawdust to polish the floors and you got 10shillings a yard for fixing tiles with sand/cement!

By those were the days!!.
Who else used to push their bike up the cobbled streets and eat Hovis jammies.

errrr in a word no.

I know what it's like ripping it all out though. Sand and cement fixing on the walls... you sadistic barstewards!

Reply to Do you remember when .... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
I've got plasterers coming in next week to render the (brick) walls of my bathroom ready for it...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
Perhaps one for @SchlüterSystems themselves to answer. When was ditra first made and used? Is...
Replies
Views
jonnyc
J
M
Hi everyone and a happy new year to you all.......I'm just after a second opinion here regarding...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB