Discuss Dodgy tricks... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Don't take it to heart stef, bit of banter , , you would only have been falling asleep after your Christmas dinner lol

I'm not taking it to heart trust me, when I take things to heart I get angry & want to start ripping people apart but it won't happen on this occasion, your too far away!!

Seriously Brian, you must at least know something about tiling after all these years.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
I used to price on metre. Not anymore.

I also measure and add 10% for cuts. (20% if diamond)

Regardless of price.......if the customer accepts your price, that's it! Weather it's £500 or £1000, they have accepted, regardless of wot others think.

How many times have you had jobs where the customer actually has the tiles already.
They measure themselves, on the back of a *** packet, the supplier works out that they need 20m.......so they sell them 20m.......and then your short, and have to wait until they get more.

I for one add the 10 or 20% for cuts/wastage........and that's wot I charge for.

Each to their own.

I have also always told customers to have a few "spares" just in case some numptie cracks a tile putting up that flashy bog roll holder years later.

It works for me.........and I keep busy. So I must be doing something right.

Happy Crimbo all you bums. :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Dodgy tricks... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A
just been talking to a tiler who is still tiling at 76! so, what age do you think you can carry...
Replies
Views
m3fitter
M
T
DIY SOS. Helping people without time or money, in need desperate need to get a project...
Replies
Views
Although I've been a member for a little while I have just started reading through different...
Replies
Views
StevieBoy
S
M
just after abit of advice on what people think of my situation and also is my price fair I've...
Replies
Views
Minesacarling
M
T
Hi all. First time poster here so thanks in advance for any help you can give and apologies if...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB