Discuss Don't know whether to be angry or sad in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

williamraff

You are absolutely right Mike. I was a "Decent Homes" Surveyor for a large City Council on the north east coast several years ago.

It is appalling the way the criteria caters for the degenerates who trash their properties and as you say - those who try and look after what they have are effectively penalised.

I applied the guidelines objectively but if tenants kicked up a fuss the Council would invariably give them what they wanted.

That makes a mockery of the whole process - small wonder then that many Surveyors would help to redress the balance in favour of decent people who deserved and appreciated the works.

Far better, in my opinion to spend the publics' money in properties where there is a good chance that any improvements made will be appreciated and looked after.

I would of course deny this in a Court of Law :thumbsup:

M

mikethetile

your right will

I was doing the reports and the surveyor was prioritising the works to be done, some properties went over budget so couldnt have it all done and the ones that needed little work ,he would give them a special visit on the quite to see if they needed some redecorating or similar to use a bit more of their allocated budget, he felt the same as us that they were being unfairly penalised

Reply to Don't know whether to be angry or sad in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Don't know whether to be angry or sad
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.