UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Exposed edges of tiles slightly visible after grouting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jay

Jay we use Greenstar all the time with 1 housebuilder we do work for,
They use Plastic shower cubicles so the greenstar is never used in a shower but it is used round a bath. :mad2:

I have spoken to them on a number of occasions but they state, "we have used it for years & never had a problem"

:mad2:

Until we get a major fail then they wont change their ways, on saying that though they are eventually starting to listen to us, I now have the MD phoning me asking for advice when they are tendering for new work so its a step in the right direction.

Getting back to the thread, We are seeing more & more tiles where the glaze is stopping almost on the face of the tile & not wrapping sufficiently enough round on to the side of the tile, It doesnt matter how much grout you use you will never be able to cover the biscuit.
I try to advise people when they are buying tiles to check for this as its becoming a pain.

Seems a bit sneaky the way they have worded it (not exactly all in one area of description)

There could be probs with the job in this thread as i don't think its epoxy grout

D

Discount Tile Supplies

Chinese? they are 1 of the best tiles i have fixed in the past year. they are up there with porcelanosa.

Im sure porcelanosa would love to know that! How can u compare 15x15 chinese, indonesian or Brazilian with Porcelanosa products Robo? It does chuckle me. Go to B&Q or Wickes and find me one chinese tile comparable to a Porcelanosa product? I agree there are good chinese tiles, but there not sold in MULTIPLES Or Sheds.

S

Stef

Im sure porcelanosa would love to know that! How can u compare 15x15 chinese, indonesian or Brazilian with Porcelanosa products Robo? It does chuckle me. Go to B&Q or Wickes and find me one chinese tile comparable to a Porcelanosa product? I agree there are good chinese tiles, but there not sold in MULTIPLES Or Sheds.

I never said i was comparing 15x15 chinese tiles with Porcelanosa.

We are using quite a bit of Marco Polo Estone, (supplied through CTD) & they are millimeter perfect, one of the best tiles we have fixed & easily up there with Porcelanosa.

D

Discount Tile Supplies

I never said i was comparing 15x15 chinese tiles with Porcelanosa.

We are using quite a bit of Marco Polo Estone, (supplied through CTD) & they are millimeter perfect, one of the best tiles we have fixed & easily up there with Porcelanosa.

Good to hear that Robo. Keeps us all on the ball this place! Marco Polo are good, we do the same one but dont buy them from CTD as their to pricey from CTD!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Exposed edges of tiles slightly visible after grouting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.