Discuss F l o o r f l e x in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hi guys, A good mate (builder) of mine popped round to see me the other day with a 'fantastic' product I should use..

Floor flex, like Latex but to be laid straight onto floor boards.. be it 1inch gaps etc or 2-3mm. Self levelling and ready to be tiled once set.

have you heard of it?

The product is designed to cut out overboarding & hardi boards.
I would like to add, this is not Bal fastflex.

Last edited:
W

White Room

I'm sure there's some tilers on here who will be falling over themselves for a bag of that....
lol-044.gif

B

bugs183

Yea i remember it was very much like Fast Flex, it was two part and it came in a cardboard box from what i remember.
We used it to cover wooden floors, then as you say trowelled adhesive into it.
We discovered Ditra not long after that, when it was the old ribbed variety.
It did seem to work, never had to go back to a job after using it.
Wouldn't go back to that though, minimum i tile on now is ditra.

B

bugs183

No matey Ditra is an uncoupling membrane:

Schlüter-DITRA 25 - Schlüter-Systems

It's been around over 20 years and is great stuff. Most guys here will never tile direct to wood and prefer to use an uncoupling membrane to seperate the wood from the tiles. But lately especially with the use of electric underfloor heating the guys are using cement boards or thermal boards such as Marmox.
It is no substitute for a badly preped wood floor, holes or bounce etc.
It's also used to uncouple tiles from underfloor heated screeds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to F l o o r f l e x in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is especially for "customers" -anyone who wants to buy or choose their own tiles (whether...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
I
There have been a few threads recently asking questions about the correct procedure for...
Replies
Views
Y
Hi All, I have for the past 24 hours getting to grips with a lot of issues with regard to...
Replies
Views
YNWA2012
Y
Q
I have noticed that alot of people on the forum ask questions on tile backer boards and also...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
P
Triblock P and Hardi and very sick floor Right where do I start with this one. I have...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB