Discuss Faith In Customer's Restored.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stewart

I Had a customer 4 years ago, and I did a lot of work on his farmhouse restoration.
I tiled every floor in his house with 20mm thick silver travertine. All the bathrooms were large format porcelain. I even laid 70 square metres in the stables for the horses. Money was no object.....

To try and cut a long story short, he went bankrupt! I was paid up to date already, and all there was left to do was put a wet-room in the granny flat for his mother in-law. I'd already tanked it and he'd blagged some tiles from the shop to tile it (600 x 600 Keope tile canceled, due to no money)

The customer almost begged me to complete the wet-room, and promised he would pay asap. The problem I had, wasn't getting paid, it was putting up the tiles he'd blagged for £50.00 (he'd spent around £25,000 on the rest of the tiles) They are a mixture of Super white porcelain and trav, and i thought it looked hideous.

Today I received a check for the job plus interest........ almost 4 years to the day after I completed it. Tried to call and say thanks, but the new owners of the house told me they bought it at auction 3 years ago. Never thought i"d see the money for this job and had forgotten all about!

Managed to find a few pic's of it. What do you think?

Attachments

• DSC00124.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC00126.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC00122.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC00125.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC00123.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 31
C

Colour Republic

I'm doing business with a plumbing shop where all guarantees between both of us are done with the shake of a hand. Not many people are like that anymore. It would appear your customer is as good as his word, not many people after 4 years would take the trouble to do something like that, OK he should have paid at the time but he has enough pride to make sure his debts are paid once he got back on his feet. It shows you he was worth it

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
As if you managed to find pics from 4 years ago. I need you to organise my PC's lol

Well done for getting a payment eventually!

Had a mate that worked as a manager at a juice bar in a total fitness, the owner went bust and didn't tell her so she carried on running it to sell the stock. She took the payments and nobody heard anything from her. She took her small claims or whatever it would be, and won, the owner said they'd pay by X date and never did. 2 years later turned up with a few months salary for the trouble.

So it does happen sometimes. :D

Reply to Faith In Customer's Restored.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping I may be able to get some advice. 2 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and...
Replies
Views
Dear TilersForum Thank you so much for the outstanding advice and expert information over time...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
R
Hi all, Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I'm really stuck with what...
2 3
Replies
Views
Richard Nessbert
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Faith In Customer's Restored....
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.