Discuss First problem in 10 years.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I've always put the guidelines for drying times and how to commission UFH into my quote so its in black and white. As the years have gone by this has become a standard (lengthy) paragraph but on the 2 occasions there have been problems I've found that either the screed hadn't been left to dry long enough or the UFH had just been cranked up to 11 from the off.
I always get the client to put a piece of polythene down under a brick/tin of paint/tile overnight to do a rule of thumb check. Have had to postpone a few times as it was still wet mind!
There's a lot said about decouplers but I have never seen the need on a concrete screed. Thoughts?

O

Old Mod

There's a lot said about decouplers but I have never seen the need on a concrete screed. Thoughts?

Well it would depend in what context you're referring to.
As an antifracture membrane or as a vapour barrier for fast tracking green screeds?
Either way, I think it's worth starting another thread as this is way
offtopic-929432.gif

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to First problem in 10 years.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB