UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Fixing large (2m) mirror to polished applestone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

I am reluctant to use screws and caps to fix my mirror (~1m wide x 2m tall) in my bathroom as I think they detract from the 'look'. The mirror will be spaced about 25mm away from floor and ceiling and any adjacent walls, to avoid any expansion/contraction issues.
I've been told special mirror adhesive/sealant will do, but are there any precautions I need to take, or pitfalls to avoid?
I intend to support it on a suitable sized wood batten while the adhesive sets, but I'm not too sure how to avoid the batten becoming 'trapped' when the adhesive has set!
I've already presumed that I'll need to leave the application of a moisture-proof sealant around the edges until after the adhesive has had enough air/time to fully set.
Any help gratefully appreciated.
Anthony

D

doug boardley

mirror adhesive for me mate
doug-boardley-albums-sunny-hill-complete-picture5666-sunny-hill-finish-011.jpg

this one was stuck on with mirror adhesive and supported with plasterboard props, (telescopic) overnight. I put a sponge on the mirror face so as not to scratch it with the props:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 1779

Same as Doug (above)

mirror_wall.jpg

I ran a baton across the room to take the actual weight of the mirror.

Then covered the mirror and the plaster wall behind with mirror adhesive.

Squished together then prayed the glue lines would not bleed through when dry.

http://www.NoLinksToThis/sfd/i/cat/19/p4014319_x.jpg

I believe the adhesive is constructed so that it wont react with the silver backing and show through...

R

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Fixing large (2m) mirror to polished applestone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

O
Hi,I would appreciate any help confirming the final steps for my wet room project, please (see...
Replies
Views
ojtiler
O
R
Hello all, Following on from my last thread I wondered how you would suggest fixing 6mm Marmox...
Replies
Views
L
Hello all New user here - please go easy :smilewinkgrin: I recently had a disaster of a tile...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
T
Hi All, my first post, be gentle... I am having the ground floor of my house tiled with 600 x...
Replies
Views
J
V
Hello everyone This is my first post here although I've been browsing for the last few days...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.