Discuss floor course in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Ok so I'm just gonna put this out there..
Been in contact with a flooring company, this place is based in Sheffield and offer training courses to fit a quartz stone chipping and epoxy flooring, it really is nice gear, I've worked with it before and its a dam site easier than tiling I promise you and looks great, but that was a few years ago and that company died a death, imo was down to very poor marketing. It can be fitted in domestic bathroom, wetrooms, kitchens and even externally..drives etc.
The one day course for internal fitting is £260 but they need 4 people to sign up for it before they will confirm a date (I'm one) the course to be in November sometime if anybody's interested?
let me get this right you are going to pay to fit there floors are you MAD with out you they will not fit one
they need you more than you need them ask them how much they will pay you to turn up .
i give free training to tilers all the time .sounds like an out and out con to me .if you have a top product
you know is the best you need to make the trade aware not charge them .no wonder it failed it will fail again
with this type of thinking .but take money off the fools and go bust again give this a big miss .NO reputable company with a great product would ever charge a trades man for leaning about it .con con con walk away

S

Spare Tool

let me get this right you are going to pay to fit there floors are you MAD with out you they will not fit one
they need you more than you need them ask them how much they will pay you to turn up .
i give free training to tilers all the time .sounds like an out and out con to me .if you have a top product
you know is the best you need to make the trade aware not charge them .no wonder it failed it will fail again
with this type of thinking .but take money off the fools and go bust again give this a big miss .NO reputable company with a great product would ever charge a trades man for leaning about it .con con con walk away
Maybe I didn't explain myself properly, it was a tin pot company in Burnley that went bust, not this company in Sheffield, all they do is train people to fit it then your off on your own, they offer a helpline after should you need any further information or are struggling with anything.
It isn't that technically challenging tbh Ray, its basically mix bottle A with bottle B then mix with quartz, skim floor, leave to dry then final sealing coat.
But I was only ever shown by the tinpot company in Burnley (which went bust) how to fit the stuff, this training coarse is taught by someone who has fitted the gear for twenty years, so thought he might offer some sound advice on prep and fitting and help trainees avoid costly mistakes.
After the training the fitters go away and market the product in their own areas and then buy the stuff direct from another company based in Belgium.

Reply to floor course in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I normally post over in diynot for general DIY but wrt tiling over timber I need some...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
Hi I am about to build a small wetroom (900 x 1850) and will be using an AKW former. The...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
F
Alright chaps, Had a call about a job which I have to quote, Not got the full info until...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F
Look at a floor today Problem is it's a 200 year old house, no damp course and quarry tiles...
2 3
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
floor course
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond