Discuss For the IT nerds among us in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

I have a friend that runs a drainage company. A lot of his days are spent putting cameras through miles of drainage systems. The videos are then sent on to the main contractors who employ his services. these videos at the moment are transferred to the office PC then burnt to DVD and sent through the post to the contractor.
1, this takes time to assemble video and burn.
2, They quite often say they havent received the DVD, so it has to be done all again.
3, They sometimes say the DVD will not play.

Its very time consuming but I suggested a way to speed things up but not sure if its viable.

If all the videos were uploaded to a server, then the client could access those files at any time and also if the files needed to be viewed at the Main office and on site it could be done too.

I presume something like dropbox would work too ??
Any other ideas ?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to For the IT nerds among us in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
T
Ok the saga begins 2 years ago with a call from a client complaining about a crunching sound...
Replies
Views
Evening guys and girls, quick Q! I'm doing a polished porcelain floor entrance for a first time...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
D
How to drill a hole in a steel bath. At 365Drills we provide either the equipment you need or...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB