Discuss Forum member of the year in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I genuinely can't think of 1 person alone, there have been a dozen or more outstanding members on here in the past 12 months, to try and pick one would be impossible. So that's me sat firmly on the fence :)

You only get splinters in your arse sat on the fence!!! :lol:

Ash has skin thicker than a rhino, he's had a lot of grief on here but has stuck it out and top marks for that. Most would have disappeared into the woodwork never to be seen again, but like a phoenix he rose again, albeit under a different name and then another different name. Could someone please check that it's not Swedish :yikes:

If he puts as much enthusiasm into working when he sets out on his own as he puts into this forum he'll be off to a good start.

S

steve187

If there was to be a forum member of the year, my view is that it should be someone that has been helpful, patient,informative and generally a good egg to both members and guests alike. i don't think that someone who's posts are entertaining should be considered for this role, although i do believe they could be nominated for ' most entertaining member of the year'

I do hope everyone has recovered from eating too much turkey!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
If there was to be a forum member of the year, my view is that it should be someone that has been helpful, patient,informative and generally a good egg to both members and guests alike. i don't think that someone who's posts are entertaining should be considered for this role, although i do believe they could be nominated for ' most entertaining member of the year'

I do hope everyone has recovered from eating too much turkey!

Haha Steve you mean like Andy Murray winning Sports Personality of the year

If its decided on the quality of someone's work, then in my opinion, if there's already a JOTM and a JOTY award to come - then surely some of the folk already named might get Gold in that category?

If its for comedy/entertainment, then there's possibly a winner

If its on the quality of advice given - then there's 1or2 candidates for sure.

But if its for a 'general' member of the year - then I'd be voting for the person who has contributed the most... ie. the person who has most posts in the calendar year.. As at times this year the site has slowed down quite a lot, so if there is someone who keeps it rolling more than others, then they are definitely offering value to the site...

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

OK I'm off the fence, I nominate Dean Farmer AKA Deano. Dean tells it like it is, he is the real deal.

His passion for our industry shines through, his knowledge is imo. second to none, he has passed on his skills through teaching and now is involved in C&G criteria.

I have met Dean a couple of times, and we keep in touch by phone quite often, I will be meeting him again in January along with some other top tilers from TF.

It is so hard to pick one person from so many good tilers, but with only one vote, I feel Dean ticks all the boxes for me.:smilewinkgrin:

P

Pebbs

Everyone brings something different to the table on this forum, thats what I like about it. We can't be experts in everything, so if anyone has a question or wants an opinion there is always someone to turn to or get some advice from. There is a long list of people who know what they are talking about, so to pick out just one person, wouldn't really be fair. Thats my own opinion anyway.

Pebbs

Reply to Forum member of the year in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, we have recently had some carpet fitters in who have done a great job but have...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB