Discuss Forum member of the year in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I nominate gary the tiler.i have learnt a number of things from him about porcelain that I didn't know.phil Hobson for continuing to help people with his knowledge even though he must be sick of answering the same old repeated questions

I will never get sick of trying to help people John, I will strive to improve this noble trade as long as I can draw breath.

We must not let the skills die. My old masters would turn in their graves if they thought the skills passed on by them would be lost in the future.

Short courses are the beginning of the end of our trade, we need to keep the old skills alive.

M

Mr Tiler

I think we should run this until new years eve and new years day we post a poll and have a vote on it and the best man/woman can win.
Prize is one week stay at my place in Egypt any time in 2014, you have to provide your own flights and transfers best of luck .

that is a brilliant offer gary what a nice man to offer such a thing to help support the site. unfortunately I would like to pull my nominations out... thanks guys but I feel I have taken more from the site than I have given although ive been a regular I doubt many of my posts have been of any help. but thank you its a lovely feeling to know people actually support me now!... cheers... also would like to change my vote once the poll is up to stef although ali has helped me out over the last 12 months... stef has done the most and even though I havnt really spoken to him much he has showed a massive amount of support to get me up and running. cheers

J

jonnyc

i nominate jonny c. his projekts and posts are always very enormous and impressive. nice to read like a good mag. its cool for me to plunge into the uk tilers szene. no matter if the project is massive or little. pictures are always important because just the text is not easy to understand for me.
I have had the same problem with your German tilers members site you invited me to join.i cannot explain myself in German so photos are easier .same for you.keep posting photos of the process of your projects.most are self explanatory and an eye opener for us all here on this site RainerRainer

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I think we should run this until new years eve and new years day we post a poll and have a vote on it and the best man/woman can win.
Prize is one week stay at my place in Egypt any time in 2014, you have to provide your own flights and transfers best of luck .

That's awesome. Really awesome. Thanks :)

O

Old Mod

During my very short time on here it's quite clear there are several VERY deserving people for the title! But as I don't really know anyone yet, apart from chatting with Phill Hobson one Saturday afternoon, I thought I'd use a slightly different criteria.
So as a relative stranger to u all, as u are to me, (very strange!:lol:) maybe this is how an outsider might see the site!
Obviously Garythetiler for the prize offered, don't matter what people might be saying Gary, I don't see it as buying votes!!! Haha (Oh and for his knowledge and stunning work!)
Then theres Johnnyc & Rainsco, well who can split them two! Absolute stone craftsman! Think Johnnyc edges it there, well he's only 15 mins from me, so it's gotta be Johnny!
But what about Phill Hobson & Timeless John? Walking Geo Jedi! Yoda or Qui-gon-jinn? I wouldn't like to say who's who!
Obviously there's Commisioner Gordon, the Caped Crusaders & Albert! (Dan, Bri, Sir Ramic & Whitebeam! Hehe) and NOT necessarily in that order! The guys that keep things ticking along.
Then we have our Scottish freedom fighters, sorry, Tilers! Bubblecraft, Charlie1 & of course the Dude that is the mighty Stef! *gets on knees* "we're not worthy,we're not worthy!" :sofahide:
,,,,,and of course no thread would be credible without Ash (T Bag) making an appearance! Haha
So you see there are many of you that have made your mark in the very short time I have been a member here, (and hopefully still a member after this post! Haha) and you are all worthy in my book for the title of FORUM MEMBER OF THE YEAR for one reason or another.
I know there's a few I've noticed that I haven't mentioned and for that, especially if you've actively 'liked' my posts :lol:, AndyAllen, CJ, AliCage to mention but a few, I apologise.
But when all said and done the person I nominate Is Deano!! And my humble reason? He was the first person who actually read my first post and took it for what it was! Just a laugh and of course a true depiction of what this glorious trade can do to you! Haha
Disclaimer: No tiler was hurt during the making of this statement, well certainly not intentionally, and if egos were bashed or bruised? You should get out more! Haha
the very best of luck to you all!
Cant wait for next year!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Forum member of the year in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, we have recently had some carpet fitters in who have done a great job but have...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB