• Thread starter doug boardley
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 759
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss Freegle/Freecycle, anybody use it? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

Yes I have used it myself, for getting stuff gone and for getting stuff for myself. A lot of people do waste your time on there though. Some ask for stuff and when you offer it to them, they never bother to get back to you.

I find mobile phones go quickly.

I shall be shifting my Vango Venture 500 tent on there this summer. No point trying to sell it when the groundsheet aint waterproof anymore.

U

user123

Seeing a few threads about freecycle on here I thought I'd give this a go, registered, two days later someone wants to give 18 large sandstone rockery stones away, clean ones, too!! :hurray: :hurray: more gecko rocks, all for free, can pick them up tomorrow, only 5 minutes away from here, brilliant. :hurray: Makes up somewhat for the disapointment of having lost that garden mosaic commission, still with that tricky fence issue probably a good thing...

U

user123

Eeehhh... went to pick up my 'sandstone' today, all excited, t'was horrible pitted limestone, covered in concrete and muck .... the lady said someone had come and taken the better ones earlier, ... that was that then, I left them there, useless to me. At least it was only 5 minutes drive from here and - free!
blah2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SandyFloor

Have looked at it a few times, but I always think it looks quite time consuming compared to throwing it in the skip at my store. Is that bad of me?

That has occurred to me too. You get phone calls asking questions, people making appointments and you having to stay in, potential time wasters, strangers coming to your home and all you have to show for it is a feeling that you gave it to someone who may or may not want it ....maybe I'm bad too although I do hand a lot into charity shops.

Reply to Freegle/Freecycle, anybody use it? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

O
.......so as u've probably already seen, @Ray TT @ Porcel-Thin exhibits at the Sleep Exhibition...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
M
Helloall further to my post a few days ago regarding black starlight quartz tiles, i am about...
Replies
Views
Colour Republic
C
J
Dear Tilers, I'm desperate for some advice from someone who may have made the same mistake I...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Freegle/Freecycle, anybody use it?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.