Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Going Nuts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

when I got made redundant Rad, I stopped doing any form of housework. I merely concentrated my efforts on finding a new job. I spent 8 hours a day scouring in the internet, ringing agencies, contacting companies I wanted to work for. It's the most demoralising thing I've ever been through. I was unemployed for 2 months before finding a temporary contract. And then I had to work another 2 months before securing a permanent job.

My main profession is human resource management rather than tiling though.

As Mark says, will you be sticking with tiling or hoping to find a job doing something else but with tiling on the side?

U

user123

OK i got made redundant a month ago and all this sitting around is driving me mad. Anyone in my area needing a free labourer then i'll up for giving them a hand,no money expected just getting me out the house. I mean for crying out loud wife even thinks i should be doing housework cos i'm off and she's at work.:thumbsdown:

Well then get off your butt and make the house nice, what's wrong with you?? :mad2: You'd reather please someone else with free labour but not your wife and your own home?? Good grief...

D

dick turpin

I know it is realy tough when your at home and there is no work coming in, it took me a year to build up my buisness with a lot of the usual stresses, marketing,no response to ads,running my own business for the first time,finding money for mortgage, kid, and had a baby in the middle just to make it a bit more stressfull, then had an injury which has put me out for a real long time, i now breed chikens, have a very good alotment, do the odd bit of tiling(recomendations) look after 2 kids and i even do the house work, hope that doesnt make me under the thumb,
as previous coment you are preperd to work for nowt???? but not in your own home, maybe if you did a bit of 'House work' and dare i say it cook your lady a meal for when she comes home (beans on toast, its the thought that counts) then she may get of your case and give you some breathin space.

Also have a structure to your day ie plan your day so you know what you are doing,

may your legs forever reach the ground:arabia:

Reply to Going Nuts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Hi all. I'm about to be made redundant at the printing company I've worked at for 23 years since...
Replies
Views
P
Started a job yesterday on an en suite (rather large 42sqm). Using a 60 x 30 beige porcelain for...
Replies
Views
charlie1
C
M
I'm hoping to do my course start of next year they question is how much should I put away for...
Replies
Views
D
it's in one hand -and out the other . £692.64 new brake-pads/discs, £81.80, code read £...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
M
I posted on here about 5 months ago not knowing if I should stay in the army or try become a...
Replies
Views
Minty913
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Going Nuts
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.