Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Going Nuts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

With regards to interviews......

I used to be in sales and these comments were always used in first, second and third interviews. I never held back and only ever got knocked back on one job.

"How do you feel about me?"
"Do you think I will fit in with the team?"
"What is your recruitment process, i.e. timescale, second / third interview?"
There's loads more but the one question that you should always ask at the end of an interview is.......

"Have I got the job / second interview etc.?"

All recruiters like confident and direct employees, it is what stands you out from the crowd and will get you noticed.

Incidentally, I have been consistently busy as a tiler. I believe that it is because I close the deal before I leave the customers house. A simple question like "when do you want me to start?" usually does the job.

Good luck mate :thumbsup:.
Stay positive.

Daz, well said my good man. All good tips there too :hurray:

I used the line "so have you got any reservations about me or giving me the job" to my current boss. He was very taken aback. considering I was the youngest person, and least qualified/experienced they'd seen, I thought I'd go for broke :thumbsup:

P

Perry

Daz, well said my good man. All good tips there too :hurray:

I used the line "so have you got any reservations about me or giving me the job" to my current boss. He was very taken aback. considering I was the youngest person, and least qualified/experienced they'd seen, I thought I'd go for broke :thumbsup:

Had the pleasure of meeting Daz and i would say yes he has got it and it makes all the difference in life and work confidence and a belief in what you can do

D

Deleted member 9966

Right, I've just bombarded Paul with about 20 emails today, following his 1 to me this morning :oops: hope he doesn't get too lost in the masses of information I chucked at him :lol:

CV freshened up, covering letter freshened up, some interview prep tips and a nice spreadsheet containing about a years worth of my own job hunting complete with positive and negative feedback about my interview performance :yikes:

Anybody else need a job hunting hand? :smart:

Reply to Going Nuts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Hi all. I'm about to be made redundant at the printing company I've worked at for 23 years since...
Replies
Views
P
Started a job yesterday on an en suite (rather large 42sqm). Using a 60 x 30 beige porcelain for...
Replies
Views
charlie1
C
M
I'm hoping to do my course start of next year they question is how much should I put away for...
Replies
Views
D
it's in one hand -and out the other . £692.64 new brake-pads/discs, £81.80, code read £...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
M
I posted on here about 5 months ago not knowing if I should stay in the army or try become a...
Replies
Views
Minty913
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Going Nuts
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.