Discuss Good Wedding Receptions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

just back in, great night, plenty of food, a rock band were the entertainment (Dad rock tunes) and the best mans speech was in verse, Brilliant.
(and I came away with the promise of a ufh job!)

Anybody been to any memorable ones

Nice one John.

One that I specifically recall that was humorous when Christina's older brother got married, and all his medical school buddies were there and were hammered beyond belief. Christina's father ( a quiet, reserved, dignified physician) got hammered with all of us, and he started buying shots for everyone and ended up doing shots with all the twenty-somethings (he was mid 60's at the time). I think maybe he was an old hand at this game (albeit from his his youth long ago) because he hung in there longer than 90% of the young men that ended up passing out. :lol:

I still get a chuckle out of remembering the good doctor coming back from the bar (where he flirted with the bartender:thumbsup:), laden with a tray of shots and saying in his heavily accented English "Come on boys, here's another round of Purple Hooters".:lol::lol::lol: (BTW, a Purple Hooter is some sort of juice with Vodka-I think)

D

Deleted member 9966

the best wedding reception I ever went to was my own :D the DJ was amazing, the best £400 I've ever spent, the dancefloor was never empty, he played the right tunes for the audience. we almost drank the bar dry, we had the venue exclusively so the guests could go anywhere they wanted. my husband's Aunty Tina was chatted up by my husband's Royal Marine Commando friend Phil, who has a penchant for older ladies.... Tina is 70 :lol: we did wonder how Tina managed to get her dress on inside out :yikes: oh and the Mother In Law was bought drinks all night by my husband's friends who took great delight in getting her drunk! my assistant from work was found climbing the trees in the gardens outside, she'd been bet that she couldn't (farmer's daughter, guess who won the bet) and to end the night, I was dancing barefoot to The Proclaimers 500 Miles. Thank you and goodnight :yesnod:

Reply to Good Wedding Receptions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
B
Hi, first time post and first time tiling in my home. I got a house and doing the work myself...
Replies
Views
bulboy
B
G
Ok so this was my 1st time having wanting to attend for years. Lots of my mates go each year and...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
T
There has been more major inventions came from the Scots than any other country in the World...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
D
Posted on the sparky forum.. thought i would share this with you lot..
Replies
Views
Fekin
F

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Good Wedding Receptions
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.