Discuss Got one in on my skanky x boss in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

fipple

Last week,i finally made my move and put forward the suggestion that i/we:smilewinkgrin: needed a marcrist ck850 180mm blade.Was astounded when he gave in so easily...Seems like a good blade,only used once so far...Then this monday 28/6/10 he calls me in and says out the blue"theres no easy way of saying this,but ive got to let you go"..basically the 3 months probationary period was up,plus he,d finally finished his job which took him 3 months,oddly this all fits into place...i kinda knew that he only employed me so i could keep the other contracts going whilst he was burdened with his 3 month contract..In essence he told me the work had dried up...Thats ok,i just bided my time and kept it cool,sent van back yesterday,he dropped me off then i called ACAS...lmao...ive got him hook line and sinker!..he owes me 1 weeks statutory pay and he knows he,s gotta pay it,plus i got the marcrist blade out of him..:lol: whos laughing now!!:prrr:....my point is...i knew the job wouldnt last,and im glad i can see him squirm a lil bit...now all ive got to do is find another job whilst we are in the mother of all recessions..:yikes:....THINGS always work out.

G

grumpygrouter

Hed led me on to believe that it was permanent!..i know i had my suspicions,but did hope it would last longer,he was contesting paying me a whole weeks pay of notice,buts its statutory even if you only work for a company for 1 month
You should have been given a contract of employment within 2 months of starting that should have stipulated any probationary period, length of contract etc.

A

albyshellshear

Last week,i finally made my move and put forward the suggestion that i/we:smilewinkgrin: needed a marcrist ck850 180mm blade.Was astounded when he gave in so easily...Seems like a good blade,only used once so far...Then this monday 28/6/10 he calls me in and says out the blue"theres no easy way of saying this,but ive got to let you go"..basically the 3 months probationary period was up,plus he,d finally finished his job which took him 3 months,oddly this all fits into place...i kinda knew that he only employed me so i could keep the other contracts going whilst he was burdened with his 3 month contract..In essence he told me the work had dried up...Thats ok,i just bided my time and kept it cool,sent van back yesterday,he dropped me off then i called ACAS...lmao...ive got him hook line and sinker!..he owes me 1 weeks statutory pay and he knows he,s gotta pay it,plus i got the marcrist blade out of him..:lol: whos laughing now!!:prrr:....my point is...i knew the job wouldnt last,and im glad i can see him squirm a lil bit...now all ive got to do is find another job whilst we are in the mother of all recessions..:yikes:....THINGS always work out.
so he gave you 3 months work and all you can say is your glad you shafted him:yikes: remember what goes round comes round :mad2:

F

fipple

how is asking acas my rights throwing anything in anyones face? he,s stitched me up and led me on,he told me he was going to put me through my part p,then this and that,all he wanted was to employ me for 3 months,if hed told me the work was just for that and he hadnt promised to invest in me etc,...i wouldnt mind..and yeah shelly,wat goes around comes around,he got what was coming ie,,,if he hadnt tried stitching me up by not paying me my last weeks wages i wouldnt have had to go to acas...do you that acas are there to help people not get stitched up and to inform you of your rights,everyone except a few on here,and anyone of my friends and family agree with me...infact alot of them would have done alot more..Trust me on this,because of the times we are in,all sorts of advantages will take place and acas will be busy believe me.:thumbsup: thanks for your input though shelly!:thumbsup:

F

fipple

I ve never been one to allow anyone ive worked for shaft me and not have it returned,luckily for me i dont totally gage reactions from a forum as total reality,i generally talk it through with m8s and loved ones ,
Ive seen in the late 80s early 90s and even recently,guys go up to the foreman ,and pretty much tell him where his faults lie,and then pick up the tools and walk..often drive:lol:...and thats it in a nutshell,Money is needed but being shafted by a boss and feeling totally indebted because he has employed you shouldnt make you lose your soul and dignity,after all ,its a 2 way thing.,,he should also appreciate that your working for him..

A whole lot of contradictions going on with your posts, you say you knew, had a feeling and that he told you work had dried up, maybe he had wanted to keep you in mind for future works, I doubt it now, you 'seem' to have gotten pleasure out of the fact as you say, you got one over on him.

I too don't take all that's posted on forums as gospel, you learn to take in what you need from decent posts and dismiss the rest.

F

fipple

i shall finish on this note,AND IT GOES OUT TO THOSE BEING MADE A FOOL OF!.
Acas informed me that it is statutory employment law 1996 for your employer to give you 1 WEEKS paid notice from the date of redundancy being disclosed to you/the employee..Ive spoken to 3, acas advisors ,and they each stated statutory law and that it is your legal right to recieve what is owed,,,Look at it this way,if you the employee suddenly walked out on the job, how would it effect the employer!..So basically there are periods of notice that apply to us all,and should you up and leave a job without notice,dont expect a great deal from it,because i think the employer holds the right to recieve compensation should you cause him to make a loss,(ACAS never told me this,im relying on memory when an ex co-worker up,d and left)..so my only little victory in my little head was to be happy i got a marcrist blade:smilewinkgrin: i pormise not to gloat! and i let him know that the little man shouldnt be messed about with,if only we woke up and realised the game thats played and the rights you probably didnt know you had! gd LUCK:thumbsup:

Reply to Got one in on my skanky x boss in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had my bathroom done in September and my floor tiles have movement in them and the grout is...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
I'm a chippy, I fit a lot of kitchens and some bathrooms, inevitably I have done quite a bit of...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, its my first post on there though have been gaining useful tips for a while so thanks...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
2 3 4
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Got one in on my skanky x boss
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.