Discuss green chipboard floor help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

One Day

You can use Ditra or Dural Ci+ Stuck down with an S2 adhesive, then tile with a suitable adhesive for resin bonded tiles.. I'e.. Mapei Granirapid or Elastorapid..are 2 good ones..

Advice is good Dave and certainly something I would do, but I reckon you'll find Schluter would say no to using Ditra on P5 boards.
They also say use of an S2 adhesive to bond the Ditra cancels out the effect of the membrane. Should always be an S1. Bizarre I know - but true.

A good non flexible addy with a flexible admix will replace approx 50% of the water used in the mix. Resin bonded tiles are susceptible to twisting with too much water.

D

DHTiling

Advice is good Dave and certainly something I would do, but I reckon you'll find Schluter would say no to using Ditra on P5 boards.
They also say use of an S2 adhesive to bond the Ditra cancels out the effect of the membrane. Should always be an S1. Bizarre I know - but true.

A good non flexible addy with a flexible admix will replace approx 50% of the water used in the mix. Resin bonded tiles are susceptible to twisting with too much water.

I find that hard to comprehend..?.. if that is the case then schluter can go whistle.. will not be using it again... mapei state to use S2 and i would be inclined to follow adhesive comp rather than simply a membrane comp who actually do not know much about adhesives.. compared to who manufactures them..:)

I would like to know how an S1 differs to an S2 with schluter when only the fleece is stuck to the floor and then polyethylene can still de-couple if required.. my point on the S2 is purely adhesion to the chipboard... much stronger bond than a single part S1.. the last thing you want is the fleece de-bonding as well.??

You know schluter do really need to make up their minds when it comes to advice..
Schluter.com and schluter.uk advise different methods when tiling to Ditra..

Schluter.com say that you DO NOT use a modified adhesive when tiling to ditra with porcelains etc and on timber floors..

now Schluter.uk say that you use what adhesive is suitable for the substrate and that if flexi is required then YES use it.. now work that one out..??

Schluter.com advise for the USA market etc and Schluter .uk for us etc... i cannot for the life of me figure out the big difference in advice.. so i use what i know works and Schluter can give what advice they like and then change their minds coz i won't be using it.. :)

O

One Day

I find that hard to comprehend..?.. if that is the case then schluter can go whistle.. will not be using it again... mapei state to use S2 and i would be inclined to follow adhesive comp rather than simply a membrane comp who actually do not know much about adhesives.. compared to who manufactures them..:)

I would like to know how an S1 differs to an S2 with schluter when only the fleece is stuck to the floor and then polyethylene can still de-couple if required.. my point on the S2 is purely adhesion to the chipboard... much stronger bond than a single part S1.. the last thing you want is the fleece de-bonding as well.??

You know schluter do really need to make up their minds when it comes to advice..
Schluter.com and schluter.uk advise different methods when tiling to Ditra..

Schluter.com say that you DO NOT use a modified adhesive when tiling to ditra with porcelains etc and on timber floors..

now Schluter.uk say that you use what adhesive is suitable for the substrate and that if flexi is required then YES use it.. now work that one out..??

Schluter.com advise for the USA market etc and Schluter .uk for us etc... i cannot for the life of me figure out the big difference in advice.. so i use what i know works and Schluter can give what advice they like and then change their minds coz i won't be using it.. :)

I'm with you Dave. The advice seems pretty odd but there it is. Why they can't agree amongst themselves is beyond me too!
Paranoid over-specifications in my opinion.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to green chipboard floor help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
hello Folks, its a tiny area. 1.8 m2. Joists are solid 3 inch wide. Area is upstairs close to...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
green chipboard floor help
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.