Discuss Gypsies/Hawkers/tinkers/.pikey's.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

I did a 30m floor for a well known family in the Newark area a couple of years ago, the house was immaculate and they obviously weren't short of a quid or 2, but the whole time I was there I was convinced I wasn't getting paid, finished about midday on the friday and ended up having to do a couple of hours of other little jobs before they would give me my money!!!! Always wanting something for nothing, did get paid though but, wouldn't want to be working for them again any time soon.

PS Dispatches is on Dale Farm in a couple of mins

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
I did a job for one a couple of years back, work was quiet at the time so took a chance. To cut a long story short I only spoke to him over the phone, he left a key with his neighbour and I cracked on with it. I'd gone by the time he came back and he rang me that night to say call back the next day and he'd leave money with his neighbour......... True to his word he did, plus a £20 tip for a job well done, happy days!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
never, never, never will i work for these people, we have alot of them round our way, and i can normally weed them out be the accent they have, its not irish, or scottish, its well pikey accent, you proberly know what i mean.......nearly got caught out the other day, a lass rang me to quote 30m2 floor, she had a hint of a pikey accent but i wasn't quite sure then she told her name was 'billy joe' and the address was a well known pikey camp, so i was suddenly booked up for the next 10 years.
when i was younger i new a few travellers, and there not nice people to know, there sole purpose in life is to make as much money as possible by what ever means possible, and given half a chance they will rob you blind.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

At first glance I thought it was a Sher song (Gypsies, tramps, and theives) same thing imo, my first death threat came from one of these noble travelers. Never got paid, on a lighter note I never got killed either. my second experience of having a contract put on me, came from a Turk. So I try to steer clear of them, both Gypsies and Turks, Especially Turkish Gypsies.:incazzato:

PS. if any Turkish Gypsies are reading this, my name is Ed from Aston tiling:thumbsup:

S

Stewart

At first glance I thought it was a Sher song (Gypsies, tramps, and theives) same thing imo, my first death threat came from one of these noble travelers. Never got paid, on a lighter note I never got killed either. my second experience of having a contract put on me, came from a Turk. So I try to steer clear of them, both Gypsies and Turks, Especially Turkish Gypsies.:incazzato:

PS. if any Turkish Gypsies are reading this, my name is Ed from Aston tiling:thumbsup:

Lmao.....

Created on iPhone.....

E

enduro

I have had death threats from them too a few years ago, dead animals being dumped in my drive, late night phone calls etc. All the police could say when i reported it was 'Mate you have got problems now' thats all they did. This guy is now locked up and is not liked by the travellers in my area. The guys father came to see me and said i would not have anymore trouble. And too this day i have not. Bloody scary i can tell you these people are not to be messed with. And the Police seem to be scared of them!!

Reply to Gypsies/Hawkers/tinkers/.pikey's.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Firstly apologies to everyone, for a bit of an 'absence' on posting anything on here. I have...
Replies
Views
B
I'm hoping for some professional advice on what to do with my new Limstone tiled floor - I'm at...
Replies
Views
K
im tiling round a bath soon and theres a power shower too! i called CTD and thay said to use...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
M
Recently Ive had to go work for a building company to ensure I was actually getting money...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
C
Hey All, I did a lot of work latter part of last year for a private customer (rearranged...
Replies
Views
Chris Alderton
C

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Gypsies/Hawkers/tinkers/.pikey's..
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.