Discuss Gypsies/Hawkers/tinkers/.pikey's.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

They're scum!
I'm still owed by the low life that has continued to make excuses to avoid paying me!
I'll never do work for them again and tell every pikey that wants to cut my hedges that they will have to pay the bill owed me by the scumbag before I will ever let them touch my hedges.

I remember that post Daz...

Yes, I remember it, too... had hoped it got sorted! :(

We had some gipsies in the field next to us a while back and it does seem to depend each year which lot it is - the years before they looked more traditional, less wealthy, less mercs, more horses and were really quiet, kept themselves to the oppopsite side of the field and really, it felt kind of cosy and old fashioned. this last lot were shocking and upset everybody, used the footpath along the field down to the beach as a toilet, had really noisey generators going all night long, kids were climbing and damaging the trees effing and blinding at my next door neighbour who lives right by the fence, then at night when we took the cat for a walk round the clifftop, we heard this car or small van crash into the fence of the playground towards the beach, and guess where the fence was the next day, it had gone, they obviously helped themselves. Wealthy lot, different to the others, seriously posh cars and very smart caravans and left the place in absolute filth.

Seems there are differences within them, too, like the rest of us, but it all just made everybody really tense. The other next door neighbour said the kids climbed into his and his neighbours garden, stuff like that is just really scary. People can choose to be decent whoever they are, all behaviour is a choice.

T

The D

a m8 of a m8 got asked to price to fit a kitchen in a very big and nice house he did all the design and got back to the chap with a price of 25k. how much will you knock off for cash the chap asked so they sorted a cash price and the chap gave the kitchen fitter 5k in cash up front the kitchen fitter did the job and got my m8 to do the tiling. on the day he was finishing just silly bits and bobs he took the chap the bill but it was a different chap that came to the door it was a small fat pikey he asked to see the other chap but the pikey said i have sacked him. the kitchen fitter is now completely confused. the pikey explained that the other chap was his builder but he was not happy with the work he was doing so he sacked him. as soon as the kitchen fitter gave the pikey the bill he started shouting that the kitchen was cheep rubbish and he was not going to pay him. the kitchen fitter was asking him to show him the parts that he was not happy with. the pikeys two sons (built like a barn door) came in the kitchen and started chasing him around saying they wanted there 5k back or they were going to come round his house. at this point he would have given them 5k just to let him go. he got out of there but he was receiving threatening calls for a month or so after. so no i do not work for them.* * * * *

S

Spud

I havent had any bad experiences working for travellers as I have never been asked to do anything by them but some one I know uses a traveller to collect unpaid bills for him ,when he was owed money by another traveller he called his friend who in turn called the debtor and the money was delivered within the hour,I guess its a case of its who knows who,
My dad keeps birds and he often buys and sells them with the travellers he never has any problem but he is Irish so I guess they may think he is one too LOL

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Joe, the guy I had trouble with was from an eastern European origin I think, defiantly not Irish every Irish person I have met have been top people. Nice to speak to you tonight by the way. Also had a chat through PM with Adrew (Tommyzoom) another top man:thumbsup: I thought you might have thought I was a stalker, with the line being bad. Who is this crazy English bloke with the weird accent, anyway I hope we can keep in touch mate. Phil.

D

DHTiling

Can you see the 163grand bran new Bentley in the background and the typical trailers on the drive lol lol

4f4d67c1-fe3d-3ac3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Glad it's going well so far Dave. Hoping you'd say that haha

There was some trouble about a year ago at a workingmen's club around my way. A family used it for a bit of a do, not sure what the occasion was (was nowt to do with me, I just know of it all going on), dozens of pikeys turned up within a hour or so of each other, always in small groups, shouting at the smokers outside saying 'get him out'. Nobody knew what was going on in there but the next day when people pieced all the random shouting together (many left once that happened on the night and didn't go back in - probably worried about whoever was meant to be inside, who knows) they worked out that a pikey that had been put away a couple of years ago for beating up a lad badly, who was in there that night and something to do with the family who had the do.

Apparently they had waited some time for things to cool down, and until a time they knew a fair amount of the family was there at the same time. Not sure what they wanted to do but whatever went wrong as to why they didn't was thankful. Was in the local rag who also apparently got threatened afterwards. Not sure how true that bit is though nobody seemed to prove it in any way, always just heard it.

On that occasion the police did come but also basically said there's nothing they can do without reg plates, some descriptions, people need to be sober to give statements tomorrow (which nobody did for obvious reasons) etc etc. At least they went though.

Nasty people and the thing is with 'em, 'John' and 'Pete' might be brothers, and you hit john, pete gives you a clout. They leave it at that. But once a few know who you are, it's well out of Pete and Johns hands, they have a weird 'back each other up' thing going on whether they know each other or not. If they're pikeys, they take one problem on as a huge group and that's when it gets nasty far too easy.

My guess is with Endo that the Dad that visited was one of the respected ones within a bunch as not many listen to 'em no matter how much Paddy from BB says he runs his site. lol

Reply to Gypsies/Hawkers/tinkers/.pikey's.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Firstly apologies to everyone, for a bit of an 'absence' on posting anything on here. I have...
Replies
Views
B
I'm hoping for some professional advice on what to do with my new Limstone tiled floor - I'm at...
Replies
Views
K
im tiling round a bath soon and theres a power shower too! i called CTD and thay said to use...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
M
Recently Ive had to go work for a building company to ensure I was actually getting money...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
C
Hey All, I did a lot of work latter part of last year for a private customer (rearranged...
Replies
Views
Chris Alderton
C

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Gypsies/Hawkers/tinkers/.pikey's..
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.