UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss gyvlon floor and I am the bad boy! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

well it seems that fixing in to wet sand and cemment the same day. grouting the next. walk on the next .was far to slow?so they bought out a screed that self levels? to speed things up ?that cant be tiled for guess how long ?who realy knows .with failure after failure .over 10 years now and still going wrong .well give me sand and cemment fixing any day never had one fail ever .and can screed and tile 20 to 30m2 in a day. 5 us layed 120 m2 sceeded and tiled the same day no problems
you forgot to mention that it is guaranteed 100% solid bed fixing too but as we all know there is too much money invested in the adhesive industry for anyone to suggest we rethink how we are currently fixing tiles ,i used mapei topcem last week as a replacement for ordinary portland cement while doing a samall 5m2 sand and cement laid balcony and it was really impressed it and will definitely use it again:thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to gyvlon floor and I am the bad boy! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I'm currently dealing with the contractor from hell who has ruined job after job in my house...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.