Discuss Hanging wallpaper in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

Have you seen the Paste the Wall wallpaper Bri? apparently it makes the whole wallpapering experience a lot easier. I won't say it makes it dead easy to the point of putting our trained and dedicated painters and decorators out of business, but it should make life a little easier.

I know Mikethetile is a decorator, he'll be able to give you some clue whether you're in need of professional help :lol: :smilewinkgrin:

Del W

TF
Arms
Canterbury
Whatever paper you decide on,after working out how many rolls you want,buy one or 2 more,they will take back unopened rolls,and if your pattern goes out of stock all of a sudden(this has happened to me)you can still finish the wall.

W

White Room

Ive not chosen the paper yet, haven't found one I like yet. It's only going to be a feature wall so no going round corners or anything too complicated!!!!! I sort of understand the pattern repeat thing and how many lengths per roll to get the repeat.

You may find with a large pattern that you open a couple of rolls of paper to avoid to much waste on the repeat.

C

Colour Republic

Depending on the type of paper would determine if I would advise you doing it yourself or not and how.

They are many different types... Vinyl, woven, non-woven, fabric, fabric backed, fleece backed... these are the most common but require different prep, different methods of hanging and different types of paste. Think of it like Ceramic, Porc, mable, slate....

There are also many different types of printing which can affect how you hang it, some you can't get a single drop of paste on, some you can wipe clean, some even require you to wear gloves as moisture from your hands can damage them. OK it's unlikely you'll pick one of them but the point is wallpaper is not just a wallpaper in the same way tiles are not just tiles.

If you were doing a top pro job you would prime the walls with a dedicated wallpaper primer such as Zinsser Gardz, then you'd line the walls. Line walls is not just to give you a smooth surface to paper on to it also has many other benefits, some papers you can get away without a liner, others you'll have problems if you don't

Reply to Hanging wallpaper in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
S
Hello Everyone! new DIYER here. Me and my husband have just brought our first home which was...
Replies
Views
GordonK
G
R
Started a wet room this week normally I use mosaics on the tray but they don't do a matching one...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
T
Not a question, but a suprising observation of an illusion! My next task has been to come up...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Hanging wallpaper
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.